Episode deleted from Kodi and auto unmonitoring

**Sonarr version : 2.0.0.3953
**Mono version 4.2.2
Description of issue (if you think you’ve found a bug please include steps to reproduce):

Hi,

First of all, thanks for your wonderfull app ! It’s amazing how it works so well.

I have a small issue with the auto unmonitor feature and Kodi (used on android tv) : when I delete the episode from Kodi (Remove from Library), Sonarr doesn’t un-monitor it automatically, despite the “Ignore Deleted Episodes” option activated.

However, when I delete it through the finder on my mac, it works perfectly…

Any clues that could resolve my issue ? Thanks in advance !

Does Remove from Library in Kodi actually remove the file? Coz I suspect that isn’t the case.

Yes it does. There is an option in kodi asking if we want to delete the file as well. The option is ticked in my settings

If the file is actually deleted it will be unmonitored when the series is rescanned (every 12 hours).

@markus101

I just found this After Watch for kodi. From the description, it can move/delete files after been watched.

To me this sounds like an possible solution for what I’ve requested earlier here on the forum Episode monitor flag (status) add-on for Kodi

Because an episode in Sonarr will be unmonitored if its missing from the disk.

The only problem here, that I can see at first glance. You state that series are rescanned every 12 hours. During that time frame an replacement (if any) would most probably have been downloaded already. So is it possible to change this interval? or possibly enhance it so that it can detect instantly.

Or as a last resort until something better comes along. A way to trigger a rescan i Sonarr from After Watch ?

It would behave exactly the same during that time, as it would if the file was on disk. Sonarr doesn’t know it’s gone until the scan.

The setting just determines how sonarr behaves after the scan.

I think you misread/misunderstood the question :wink:

Nope, just telling you what it does instead of what you assume it does. :wink:

It will act the same for cut-off unmet episodes whether or not the file was deleted between the scans.

What your asking for has very little benefit, and a huge downside (disk activity / trashing).

Also, the devs have already commented on numerous occassions that standard timers will not be configurable by the user in the near future.

???

Does not have too. Look at Watchdog for Kodi. Its instant and most def do not cause any trashing…

Is it normal that the “Downloaded Episode Scan” is disabled ? May it be the cause of my issue?

thanks a lot

If it can execute a command of your choosing, then you could, you’d need to use Sonarr’s API to rescan the series folder.

Not possible currently and not something we’re going to support.

That just means you set Drone Factory interval to zero, which is fine and has nothing to do with rescanning the series folder.

When you delete from Kodi does it remove the series folder as well (if there aren’t any other episodes in the folder)? If so that would prevent Sonarr from rescanning the folder and seeing that it was deleted.

Yes indeed ! I use to delete the tv show folder right after watching it, because there’s only the latest episode in it.

I will give by keeping the folder next time. Thanks a lot for your help !

Very well then, sounds like a plan! Spanx for the info,.

WOW!

what todo with this??? obviously that info is not for n00bs. Don’t even know where to start… =(

{
“name”: “RescanSeries”,
“startedOn”: “0001-01-01T00:00:00Z”,
“stateChangeTime”: “2014-02-05T05:09:09.2366139Z”,
“sendUpdatesToClient”: true,
“state”: “pending”,
“id”: 24
}

Forgot to say, but I worked perfectly ! If I don’t delete de TV Show folder, Sonarr unmonitors automatically the deleted show. Thanks again !

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.