EPIC FAIL on OSX

This is new. I’ve been having some issues with the GPU on my iMac, but haven’t really changed anything on the drive. Any ideas? I did a search and didn’t see much. I am starting to use a PC I built elsewhere in the house, but still using the iMac until a few shows finish out.

Thanks

[Fatal] ConsoleApp: EPIC FAIL!

System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteException: database disk image is malformed
database disk image is malformed
at System.Data.SQLite.SQLite3.Prepare (System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteConnection cnn, System.String strSql, System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteStatement previous, UInt32 timeoutMS, System.String& strRemain) [0x00000] in :0
at System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteCommand.BuildNextCommand () [0x00000] in :0

Press any key to exit…

1 Like

http://forums.nzbdrone.com/discussion/577/app-crashes-on-launch-malformed-disk-image/p1

just found this via google, so I’ll see if I can maybe do a manual update and see if that fixes it :confused:

reinstall didn’t solve it, so it must be the DB, though more searching couldn’t help me figure out where the DB is located or what I need to do :confused: Sorry, new at this

The DB is nzbdrone.db the location should be similar to Ubuntu: https://github.com/NzbDrone/NzbDrone/wiki/Backup-and-Restore

You may be able to use sqlite3 to recover is as described here: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/18259692/how-to-recover-a-corrupt-sqlite3-database

I am getting the same error after a power outage. However, I am also unable to find nzbdrone.db on OSX

I believe its under a similar location as on linux, which is: /home/<user>/.config/NzbDrone/

I do not have a .config folder. I did a search for it, but nothing comes up.

sorry… I do … can only be reached by terminal

its a hidden folder, not sure if those can be shown on OS X.

Has anyone come up with a solution to this? I set drone up a while back but never used it and now I am interested in replacing sick beard with it but when ever I try to start it from terminal I get:

[Info] Bootstrap: Starting NzbDrone - /Applications/NzbDrone/NzbDrone.exe - Version 2.0.0.1861 
[Info] MigrationLogger: *** Migrating data source="/Volumes/Mavericks User Data/Home/.config/NzbDrone/nzbdrone.db";cache size=-10485760;datetimekind=Utc;journal mode=Wal *** 
[Info] MigrationLogger: *** Migrating data source="/Volumes/Mavericks User Data/Home/.config/NzbDrone/logs.db";cache size=-10485760;datetimekind=Utc;journal mode=Wal *** 

[Fatal] ConsoleApp: EPIC FAIL! 

System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteException: database disk image is malformed
database disk image is malformed
  at System.Data.SQLite.SQLite3.Prepare (System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteConnection cnn, System.String strSql, System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteStatement previous, UInt32 timeoutMS, System.String& strRemain) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteCommand.BuildNextCommand () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

Press any key to exit...

I am running OSX Mavericks and have attempted to unhide folders to locate the .db file at the location shown in the error but that folder doesn’t show up and I can locate the file using a finder search. At this point I would really like to completely remove all traces of drone and start with a fresh install. Any ideas on how I can remove it and start fresh or how I can fix this Sqlite issue so that I can open the web interface? Thanks in advance.

Which version of mono? mono --version

You would have to delete this entire folder: /Volumes/Mavericks User Data/Home/.config/NzbDrone

I’d suggest deleting logs.db from that folder and trying to start up, if that doesn’t work its something in nzbdrone.db, which you can either try to find and fix, or delete that file and start again.

Here is what I get back:

Mono JIT compiler version 3.8.0 ((no/62a857e Wed Aug 13 00:46:20 EDT 2014)
Copyright (C) 2002-2014 Novell, Inc, Xamarin Inc and Contributors. www.mono-project.com
	TLS:           normal
	SIGSEGV:       altstack
	Notification:  kqueue
	Architecture:  x86
	Disabled:      none
	Misc:          softdebug 
	LLVM:          yes(3.4svn-mono-(no/e656cac)
	GC:            sgen

I have tried to locate the .config folder with in my home folder but have not had any luck finding it. I am not overly proficient in terminal but I have located using google a terminal command to unhide folders and still can’t locate it. I am using Mavericks 10.9.4

Thanks for the quick reply

Not sure how to enable it myself (not an OS X user). If you just want to start fresh look at removing a directory and its contents recursively via terminal. Or perhaps another OS X user can help you out.

With a little more work I was able to find the directory and delete the files. My steps were:

from terminal in the home directory I uses a “ls -a” to show all files/folders including hidden. Seeing the .config folder there I used a “cd .config” to get to the folder, then another “ls -a” to show the files/folders. I then used “rm -Rf logs.db” and “rm -Rf nzbdrone.db” that deleted both of the files that were being shown when attempting to start drone from terminal. Not sure what the overall effect of doing this is other than I now have access to the WebGUI to start my set up process. Hopefully this helps someone else with limited terminal skills down the road.

2 Likes

I had everything running smoothly until a power outage. Now I get the Epic Fail when I try to start NzbDrone.

rogue26’s solution worked for me. Basically, delete the logs.db and nzbdrone.db files. I had to drill down one more level into an NzbDrone folder before I got to my files, but the process worked for me. I restarted nzbdrone and it came back to life.

Here’s the bad part. Obviously, deleting your .db files is not ideal and in doing so, you affectively remove all settings and series records already in NzbDrone. This doesn’t delete actual media files, just their records inside of NzbDrone. It took me about 5-10 minutes to setup the configuration again and then import all my existing series. This fixes the issue for now until someone comes up with a more sophisticated solution for this problem.

Could use some instructions for OS X: https://github.com/NzbDrone/NzbDrone/wiki/Backup-and-Restore

drone takes a backup every 7 days (and before an update).

It is good to know about the back up function as I have had this happen again. I had a system lock up that required a none standard shutdown where I was unable to shut Drone down properly and after the reboot I was unable to get drone to start up with the same error message. It doesn’t seem like a power loss or power down should result in a complete loss of DB in drone. Is there a formal process to starting a bug report? For me downloading is the only form of providing content at my house so I have had to revert back to sick beard which is unfortunate. If there is a process to determine if this is actually a bug and a process to resolve the issue I would volunteer to be a test subject for the issue since it wouldn’t cause any disruptions to my downloads while I am using SB also. I am running OS X 10.9.4

There is some built-in corruption prevention in sqlite, which drone utilizes, but corruption can still occur and its outside of our control. The backup mechanism is a means of recovering from a corrupted database, but there isn’t anything more we can to prevent it.

In some cases its possible to recover the database, but its a manual process that is not always successful: http://stackoverflow.com/a/18260642/882971

For Mac people, you can show hidden files in the Finder by doing this in the terminal “defaults write com.apple.finder AppleShowAllFiles YES” – to change it back, run the same command, change the YES to NO. You may have to restart the Finder to see the changes.

I have written 2 applescripts to do this. If you save them as applications (from the applescript editor), you can just click them to show/hide files. Attached is a link to the pre-made apps (I made). You can view their applescripts in applescript editor to verify the code (or just make your own with the code below)

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1aq8INTEukpNlY0aDZlMlo1MUU/view?usp=sharing
MD5 (Finder Show-hide applescripts.zip) = e582d6cfe45ef6c9f0c7cfaab520538b

###This is the Show All Files script (+.app in the zip file):##
do shell script "defaults write com.apple.finder AppleShowAllFiles YES" tell application "Finder" to quit delay 1 tell application "Finder" to activate

###This is the Hide Invisible (normal view) Files script (-.app in the zip file):###

do shell script "defaults write com.apple.finder AppleShowAllFiles NO" tell application "Finder" to quit delay 1 tell application "Finder" to activate

Happy computing =)

1 Like

Understandable about DB corruption happening and being out of your control but from the user side I have never used a program where the DB failed on 75% of off normal shutdowns like this. It is possible that there is an issue with my system and I make every attempt to shutdown in a normal fashion so the issue has only effected me 2 times where I wasn’t attempting to make it fail. A nice future feature might be an automatic DB backup/restore that would help resolve something like this. If there was an auto back up that could be set daily then it would be far easier than restoring as new.