Empty Activity Queue

I’ve tried searching for similar issues for two days. Currently setup with Sonarr and nzbget. Checked and confirmed they are both showing the same Category (seems to be the most common cause of a blank Activity Queue based on my research).
Adding anything doesn’t automaticaly download the files. It doesn’t show in Sonarr’s Activity Queue. What it does do is populate the show in my Series category. nzbget appears to get nothing from Sonarr. However, when I manually select an episode within Sonarr and click to download, it sends the request to nzbget and nzbget handles appropriately.

I have a trace log. Can perform a debug log. Not sure what else it could be. Any ideas?

Have you read the FAQ, specially how Sonarr searches for episodes?

Thank you for the quick response. I hadn’t seen that page, actually. I had done most of my research through reading about experiences of others.

If there are results from step 1, check next to them for red exclamation point icon. Hover over the icon to see why that release is not a candidate for automatic downloads. If every result has the icon, then no automatic download will occur.

I don’t get red exclamation points. There are valid, and appropriate results. Usually many. I forgot to mention that I have a great indexer.

If there is at least one valid manual search result from step 2, then an automatic download should have happened. If it didn’t, the most likely reason is a temporary communication problem preventing an RSS Sync from your indexer. It is recommended to have several indexers set up for best results.

This is the part that doesn’t happen. This doesn’t appear to be related to a “temporary communication error” with the indexer. I have let it sit for over 24 hours at times with nothing showing in the Activity Queue. Again, manually selecting the download option works.

If there is no manual result from a show, but you can find it when you browse your indexer’s website - This is a common problem that is most frequently caused by having an insufficient number of indexers. Different indexers index different content, and not all shows on your indexer may be tagged properly, which would cause Sonarr’s search to fail. Having several indexers active is the best solution to this problem.

This simply doesn’t apply to me.

How old are the items in the manual search?
Is RSS Enabled for you indexer in Sonarr’s settings?

Does Sonarr’s queue show it in this case?

How old are the items in the manual search?

I’m not sure that I understand this question. Where can I check that?

Is RSS Enabled for you indexer in Sonarr’s settings?

Yep.

Does Sonarr’s queue show it in this case?

Yep. Shows in Activity Queue and processed through nzbget, downloaded, etc.

In manual search it shows how old the item is, in minutes, hours or days.

Sonarr won’t automatically search for old episodes, so if you’re using manual search to find something and its days old then Sonarr wouldn’t have seen it on RSS and wouldn’t have grabbed it.

It sounds like everything is setup properly, just nothing new has come up for Sonarr to grab (first Q/A in the FAQ).

When I add a Series, I get different options of what to download under the option Monitor. When adding a Series (by using the Search feature in the Series tab) if I select “Missing”, are you saying that it won’t automatically download episodes that I don’t already have? That I have to manually download all past episodes? In that case, I don’t understand what the options are even there for.

To choose which episodes to monitor, if you look at the first question in the FAQ it explains how Sonarr automatically finds releases that you want (wanted, correct quality, etc).

Thank you again for the reply.

So, when I find a TV show, I need to manually download all past episodes? And, Sonarr will handle future episodes?

Correct. When adding the series there is an option to add and search for missing episodes as well, so you can do it from one place.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.