Drobo App for Sonarr

I’m getting a Drobo 5N pretty soon and saw that they have official apps for Sab, Couchpotato, and Sickbeard. Is there anything in the works for a Sonarr app?

You should find out what kind of CPU with kind of architecture there is in the Drobo 5n. As far as I could find there is a Quad Core ARM Marvell CPU. Since Sonarr is made with .net you probably need Mono to get it running on your Drobo 5N Nas. The Mono package makes .NET applications working on other architectures.

So the real question is is there a Mono package for the Drobo 5n. If you can find a Mono package there is sure a possibility to get NZBDrone working.

That is a little past my skill set, but something I will look into if there is no chance of Sonarr being included in the Drobo software. One of the reasons I chose Drobo was the ease of use when setting up Plex, Couchpotato, ect to run on the NAS. I love Sonarr and won’t be going back to sickbeard just for the Drobo integration, but it would be nice to see an official Sonarr app.

Apparently the list of Drobo apps has grown quickly in the last year, I read that they only had Plex and Copy a little over a year ago. Here is a video showing how easily they seem to work in the software… https://youtu.be/PGDRYSEdyKM

And also I link to whats available…
Drobo Apps

Edit: Just found this searching around for Mono, seems like I might be out of luck unless things have progressed with the port…

DroboPortsMay 5, 2014
NZBDrone requires a .NET VM. For Linux this means Mono. Even the Mono guys do not sound very sure on how to cross-compile Mono to ARM (http://www.mono-project.com/Mono:ARM). In other words, NZBDrone is but a dream until Mono is ported. That can (and probably will) take a while.

As far as I know Mono works on Marvel ARM CPU’s. I have a Synology NAS myself, but I also manage 2 QNAP NAS (QNAP TS-112) devices from my family and they both have a Marvel ARM processor.

Both of the NAS devices run Sonarr with mono package. But those Drobo NAS devices probably have a different linux kernel but essentially it should be working. But i’m not sure how much difference there is in architecture differences to get Mono running.

No one the team has a drobo so it’s not something they we can put together, but I’ve added it to Trello if someone else sees it they might be able to help:

We’d be willing to work with someone if they’re interested in doing it though.

Have you reached out to Drobo? I am willing to lend you my 5n for a month or two, but I would think Drobo would be willing to do the same if it meant adding more functionality to their product.

We haven’t, but creating packages for systems hasn’t been a focus of ours, we’ve created OS X and Debian packages, but everything else is from the community.

Packages is definitely something we would like to do, but not something we’re looking at doing right now.

Thanks to the release of DroboApps 2.1 in the latest Drobo 5N firmware, I noticed Mono was now available as a package to install. So I thought I’d give Sonarr a try, and I’ve gotten it to run!

What you’ll need:
-Latest version of Drobo Dashboard, and the latest Drobo 5N firmware installed

-Latest Sonarr release
http://update.sonarr.tv/v2/master/mono/NzbDrone.master.tar.gz

-SQLite for ARM:
http://www.openmamba.org/distribution/distromatic.html?tag=devel&pkg=libsqlite.arm

1. Install Mono via Drobo Dashboard
  2. Extract Sonarr into /Shares/DroboApps/
  3. Extract libsqlite3.so.0.8.6 into Sonarr directory and rename to libsqlite3.so.0
  4. SSH into your drobo and cd into the sonarr directory
  5. Execute …/mono/bin/mono NzbDrone.exe
  6. Wait for it to boot up and then access Sonarr at http://droboip:8989/

Things that are missing:
-mediainfo library for ARM (tried to steal the one from Plex, does not seem to work)
-auto-start script (service.sh?) - right now if you kill your console session it will kill the app

Enjoy!

Warning: It’s a little buggy, and does crash sometimes.

A couple problems with this:

1. Sonarr will wipe out that file when it installs an update.
  2. Symlinking would be the preferred method, libsqlite3.so.0 should point to libsqlite3.so.0.8.6

As long as SQLite is on the path Sonarr should be able to find it on startup, but that may cause issues with other apps that rely on SQLite, depends on the system.

Has anyone managed to find or compile a Drobo compatible version of the mediainfo library, that Sonarr requires to import files ?

I have tried to compile the library over the last two days, but keep failing to cross compile while compiling the pre-requisites.

UPDATE I have finally managed to compile a working version of the mediainfo library that Sonarr accepts. ***
(Not sure if I can link out to Dropbox or not on these forums, for those people that want the working library)

@phildapunk Would love the compiled library if you can share please!

Apologies for the delay @EvilHidden,

Here’s the link to the compiled libraries: https://db.tt/JTtNyIsJ

@phildapunk Wow. Thanks so much! This is great. Did you happen to get a service.sh script workign btw? I created a simple one, but it still dies when I close the connection.

Cool. Glad it s working for you.

No, I never got a working service script (had hoped I could spend more time over my Christmas holiday, but it hasn’t happened).

Are you starting the service script manually from your ssh session. Have you tried to start/stop from the Drobo Dashboard app

I have tried to keep the directory structure of other apps, so I have the following subdirectories underneath DroboApps / nzbdrone (some of which are clones as I try to get the paths correct

/app
/bin (which is a copy of app)
/lib (where I have the mediainfo and sqlite librearies
/usr

Still have to work out how to handle upgrades as well… Look forward to any suggestion / successes you have

I’m running my service.sh script from my ssh session. I copied it from the nano service and just added the “mono/ NzbDrone.exe” line to the start. So, when I run it from there it runs perfectly, but it won’t return to a command prompt. Hence, when I close the session the service dies shortly after.

I’ve tried running it from the dashboard as well. But that just fails since it’s an improper service script.

I symlinked the sqlite as well as your MediaInfo files into the root of the NzbDrone folder. I haven’t cleaned it up past that. I didn’t want to start moving stuff around all at once. Was only testing one variable at a time. But the standard structure is a good idea.

Since I don’t know Python it’s kinda just reading, looking and doing a guess/check for me. It’s a little beyond my purview and thus takes me awhile to figure it out…if at all.

I’ll update if I get any further. Thanks for the libraries.

@phildapunk Have you tried the latest Drobo firmware? I updated to it and restarted. Sonarr seems to be running independently now without having to run a service.sh script or having an open connection. I even updated to the latest Sonarr release and it’s still good.

Hi There
I am having trouble with the libsqlite file.

I cant find out how to unpack it.

if i use rpm command I get
RPM: not found

I them extracted the file with .cpio extension.

I cant work out how to unpack this.

Any help will be appreciated

Basil

OK I sorted out the libsqlite by copying it to a RaspberryPi , extracting it and copying to Drobo.
I installed the Media files in the NzbDrone dir and it works fine.

But I now have the same prob as Evil above.
ie I can run it from a Putty session but it stops when I close the session.
(it will not runs a background service using &)

How do I get it to autorun please?

Basil

I used to following to get it to run in the background so I can close the terminal window.

…/mono/bin/mono NzbDrone.exe < /dev/null &

But I think it will stop if the Drobo is reset???

Basil

@bhbloom I have Sonarr running fine without me SSHing into it. Runs on Drobo restart. Have you upgraded to the latest firmware?