Deluge Connection not working SSL Problem?

I’ve been using Deluge with Sonarr for months and it recently stopped working. I had been using SSL, but even if I turn off SSL it doesn’t work.

With SSL Off I get a “Verify SSL settings” error
With SSL on I get “Unable to connect through SSL”.

The problem may in fact be with Deluge. I upgraded it tonight to the latest build with no effect. The webui works from any web browser, but without SSL.

I’m using this intranet only so I don’t need SSL at this point.

Please include the information requested when you opened this thread.

Sorry I missed the info requirement:

Version 2.0.0.4326
Windows 10

Debug log:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bz84Sl3Cgu8ySTA0YVhCOGxTaEU/view?usp=sharing

Which version of Deluge are you running?

This looks similar to this issue:

Updating Deluge and recreating the cert fixed it there, which should help for you as well.

Well I updated it and it did not help. I may have to delete and start over… or maybe I’ll switch to something else altogether (I don’t love Deluge as it is although it works).

Did you recreate the certificate for it? Old versions of Deluge created less secure certificates, but generating one with the new version of deluge should fix it.

No I did not re-create… the cert seems valid. Maybe a fresh install will take care of it rather than upgrading.

Well I have discovered that I’m too stupid to create a cert on Windows. After a day wasted on this I’m done. Most of the examples are Linux so I’m snookered here. the actual Windows example on the Deluge site doesn’t work with the version of OpenSSL I used (and using a 7 year old version seems idiotic to me).

Even complete removal of all Deluge files doesn’t remove the old Deluge configuration so I can’t reset that either.

I won’t use uTorrent and Deluge is pretty much on my shitlist (never warmed up to it). Is there another native torrent client (for Sonarr) to try that works in Windows?

I really don’;t care is I use SSL either… if Deluge would just work without it I’d be fine. It’s only used on my LAN.

The cert is valid, but generated in a way that is now considered deprecated.

My understanding is Deluge will create it automatically if it doesn’t exist, which based on a forum post it might be stored here: %APPDATA%\deluge\ssl\

Or you can generate one (though security wise it’s less than the recommended standard and Chrome will likely start rejecting them in 2017): http://www.selfsignedcertificate.com/

I agree using a version that old is idiotic.

Transmission QT works, it’s lightweight, but it doesn’t have real category support which I find a bit annoying, otherwise no complaints, there is also Qbittorrent.

What error do you get when you try to avoid using SSL to connect to deluge?

“Verify SSL settings” is the error when SSL is off (makes no sense to me seeing as I don’t want or need SSL).

I’ve installed a Windows port of Transmission and it works fine. Seems to have fewer features than Deluge but it works.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.