Catalina Full Release - Access Denied

Sonarr version (exact version): 3.0.3.644
Mono version (if Sonarr is not running on Windows): 6.4.0.198
Debug logs: https://www.dropbox.com/s/5owvvgw8cezocii/sonarr.txt?dl=0
Description of issue:

So, I know there was a topic on this regarding the Catalina beta, but now that the full release is out, I thought it was time for a new topic…

Sonarr, even with full disk access granted, is throwing errors that access is denied to folders in Catalina. Running in terminal is a workaround (provided you keep terminal running) – but is this something that can even be fixed by the Sonarr devs? Because this seems like an issue of mono being denied access rather than Sonarr?

Is there any further insight?

Same as the beta and https://github.com/Sonarr/Sonarr/issues/3168

AFAIK we can’t do anything because we don’t have a native executable and go through mono.

Also, The app Go64 (which scans your system for 32-bit apps) reports a problem with Sonarr 3.x. It says that the app is 64-bit except for libsqlite3.0.dylib.

What does that mean exactly ? that Sonarr will never work with Catalina version ?

I’ve read the github thread and i see there is a fix with the /bin folder or running it on a Terminal Window but all these are temp solutions that maybe be broken after a simple update of Sonarr of MacOS

As suggested by narmbrister in the original thread, it will probably help to grant full disk access to /bin/sh

For those of you who don’t know where to find this:

• Open System Preferences
  • Choose Security & Privacy
  • Go to Privacy tab
  • Select Full Disk Access.
  • Click the +
  • Browse to your disk volume and then \bin\sh
    (If you don’t see a bin folder you might need to press Shift+Command+. to toggle visibility of hidden files)
  • Click Open

That’s it. I think I didn’t even need to restart my computer.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.