Please help , very novice , my setup has a writing error

Sonarr version (exact version): 2.0.0.5338
Mono version (if Sonarr is not running on Windows): 5.2.0.215
Debug logs:
Description of issue:

My friend helped me setup Sonarr with Plex so that I can have my shows downloaded and placed automatically in the right folders for Plex.

about two weeks ago, Sonarr stopped moving the files to the write folders. They just remain in download and I have to manually move them to the tv or movie section.

when I go to Sonarr I see this error in red “Unable to write to drone factory folder”

the external hard drive I am using has not changed, it has plenty of space available.

I made sure it has permissions for everyone to read and write.

please help me guys! I really want this to work like it did before and I have no clue how to go about it. I am quite a novice.

thank you for your time.

You shouldn’t be using the drone factory folder. Sonarr will talk to the download client and know what to import.

Ideally you’d clear the Drone Factory path and disable the interval. (Download Client settings), but the underlying issue is probably Catalina:

Once you get things working again I’d recommend avoiding Drone Factory.

I do feel like this issue started when I upgraded to Catalina.

so at this time no fix?

im not following what you mean about the drone factory folder and the download client. I am really really basic.

don’t I need the drone factory so Sonarr can see where transmission is putting the downloads?

and thank you so much for your help!

There is a workaround, but without a native macOS app there isn’t a fix and even then not sure if that would solve it.

No, Sonarr can get that info right from Transmission. Especially with torrents you shouldn’t use Drone Factory, that would cause Sonarr to move files instead of copying/hardlinking seeding torrents.

I want it to be moving the files instead of copying so that’s ok

is Sonarr working on a catlina fix? is this something I should hope for in the near future?

It’s still not the best way to achieve that and will no longer exist in v3, better to do it the correct way and have seeding goals achieve it.

I’m not aware of anyone actively working on a fix, I wouldn’t expect a short-term fix for it.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.