Can't get Sonarr and Completed Downloaded Handling Working

This is clearly a question asked all the time so I apologize in advance for redundancy. I’ve tried to search and find similar posts, but I’m still not having success resolving the issue.

I removed all series to start fresh.

I currently download files with NZBGet. In NZBGet, I have created a category called “TV”. TV has a destination directory set.

In Sonarr, I have setup my download client of NZBGet. I have everything properly mapped out, and Category also set to “TV”. When I test, everything comes back clean. I have Completed Download Handling set to “Enable - Yes”. My Drone Factory Options is pointing to the folder where NZBGet downloads TV files.

Currently, I’ve placed all my tv files into this folder that I have the Drone Factory pointed to. I’ve tried all of the manual scans, but I’m not seeing anything populated under the main “series” tab.

I’m currently using Unraid as my OS with a Sonarr Docker. In the intial setup, I made sure to have my /media folder be different than the folder which currently contains all of the movies, since I was under the impression that this was the folder where the movies would be renamed and moved to after they were downloaded.

I’m sure I’m making a blatantly obvious newbie mistake somewhere, but I can’t for the life of me figure out why I’m having the issues I’m having.

Turn off the Drone Factory or point it to a completely different folder. Sonarr doesn’t need the Drone Factory to process your media, it gets the location of each download separately through your client’s API. Pointing the Drone Factory to the same folder will only result in weird behavior.

Maybe I’m just really confused about this.

I have removed the drone setting and just have NZBGet configured. Nothing is auto populated. Do I need to manually add my series by pointing to this folder? And then in the future it will create new series and update when downloads are made? I feel there’s a way for it to auto scan that I’m messing up.

Also, where do I configure the renamed files to be moved to so they’re no longer in the same folder that NZBGet downloads them into?

This is what I have found in the log. Maybe this will shed some light?

15-3-31 15:27:11.5|Debug|DiskScanService|5 video files were found in /data/
15-3-31 15:27:11.5|Debug|Parser|Parsing string 'Black.Mirror.S01E01.720p.HDTV.x264-BiA’
15-3-31 15:27:11.5|Debug|Parser|Episode Parsed. blackmirror - S01E01
15-3-31 15:27:11.5|Debug|Parser|Language parsed: English
15-3-31 15:27:11.5|Debug|NzbDrone.Core.Parser.QualityParser|Trying to parse quality for Black.Mirror.S01E01.720p.HDTV.x264-BiA
15-3-31 15:27:11.5|Debug|Parser|Quality parsed: HDTV-720p v1
15-3-31 15:27:11.5|Debug|Parser|Release Group parsed: BiA
15-3-31 15:27:11.5|Debug|DownloadedEpisodesImportService|Unknown Series for file: Black.Mirror.S01E01.720p.HDTV.x264-BiA.mkv

No rename happened, and no move happened.

With Docker you will need to use Remote Path Mapping within Sonarr (download client settings) unless the path nzbget reports is accessible from the container running Sonarr.

Trace logs will show exactly what nzbget reports and then you can verify if those paths are reachable from Sonarr.

Also what does Activity -> Queue in Sonarr show?

Continuing the discussion from Can’t get Sonarr and Completed Downloaded Handling Working:

Activity queue is blank.

I am able to map from my docker installation screen. There’s a section for “volume mappings” which I can set so then when I am within Sonarr, the folders are accessible.

I will view the trace logs and post shortly.

With that said, I’m still a bit confused. Where within Sonarr does it say “take downloaded file from here” and “place renamed file here”? Completely different program, but I was able to successfully setup CouchPotato renamer as there was a clear “scan here” and “place new file here” prompt, but I can’t seem to find them here. Am I missing something?

Sonarr gets the path from SAB’s history and moves it to the folder that was set/chosen when the series was added.

Watching a folder and importing is unreliable because files can be moved prematurely, before they are completely extracted or moved from another location.

Docker paths can cause issues because the path mounted for SAB’s output folder might not map where Sonarr sees the files.

Also make sure you’re using a category with SAB and its configured in Sonarr, without it things don’t work as smoothly.

Continuing the discussion from Can’t get Sonarr and Completed Downloaded Handling Working:

Possibly this is my problem?

I thought that when I did the scan of my NZBGet download folder, it would create the series, rather than me create the series and then do the scan to populate the series.

If you haven’t added any series to Sonarr then yes, thats the issue. You can either create the folders on disk and use import existing or add series (and select a root folder) and Sonarr will create the folders there when it imports a file (unless Create series folders is enabled).

Make sure where nzbget downloads to and where the series folders are are not the same location (they should be keep completely separate).

Good:

/downloads/ - nzbget download location
/tv - Folder that contains series folders (/tv/show1, /tv/show2)

Bad:

/downloads/ - nzbget download location
/downloads/tv - Folder that contains series folders

I added the series and then did the scan. They’re currently being populated/renamed now. About 30 minutes in and about 70 episodes done.

And yes, the NZBGet download location is different than the location I have created for the movies to be imported to.

Looks like I am on my way!

Quick question. If I decide later on that I made a mistake and I’d like to change the way that the files are named, is there an easy way to run a scan and rename all of the files?

Thanks for all the help!

Yes, you can do that from Series Editor, select the series and then hit Organize (then confirm).