Can't add new profile

I’m installing Sonarr for the first time and hitting some walls. I’ve got some of the basis setup done and I’m trying to add new shows. It complains that I haven’t selected a profile. In the profile dropdown box, there is nothing available.

I go to the profile setup screen. Nothing is listed there, but there is a huge box with a grey ‘+’. Seems like this is where I’d create a profile. Hovering over this button, the cursor turns into a hand, indicating a button. But clicking on it does nothing. No error, just nothing.

FWIW, this entry goes into the log every time I press that ‘+’ button.

16-2-20 07:27:02.9|Fatal|NzbDroneErrorPipeline|Request Failed

Marr.Data.DataMappingException: The DataMapper was unable to load the following field: 'Quality' value: '16'. ID does not match a known quality
Parameter name: id ---> System.ArgumentException: ID does not match a known quality
Parameter name: id
   at NzbDrone.Core.Qualities.Quality.FindById(Int32 id) in m:\BuildAgent\work\6c3239faf2b92630\src\NzbDrone.Core\Qualities\Quality.cs:line 120
   at NzbDrone.Core.Datastore.Converters.QualityIntConverter.FromDB(ConverterContext context) in m:\BuildAgent\work\6c3239faf2b92630\src\NzbDrone.Core\Datastore\Converters\QualityIntConverter.cs:line 13
   at Marr.Data.Mapping.MappingHelper.LoadExistingEntity(ColumnMapCollection mappings, DbDataReader reader, Object ent, Boolean useAltName) in m:\BuildAgent\work\6c3239faf2b92630\src\Marr.Data\Mapping\MappingHelper.cs:line 58
   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
   at Marr.Data.Mapping.MappingHelper.LoadExistingEntity(ColumnMapCollection mappings, DbDataReader reader, Object ent, Boolean useAltName) in m:\BuildAgent\work\6c3239faf2b92630\src\Marr.Data\Mapping\MappingHelper.cs:line 79
   at Marr.Data.Mapping.MappingHelper.CreateAndLoadEntity[T](ColumnMapCollection mappings, DbDataReader reader, Boolean useAltName) in m:\BuildAgent\work\6c3239faf2b92630\src\Marr.Data\Mapping\MappingHelper.cs:line 25
   at Marr.Data.DataMapper.Query[T](String sql, ICollection`1 entityList, Boolean useAltName) in m:\BuildAgent\work\6c3239faf2b92630\src\Marr.Data\DataMapper.cs:line 577
   at Marr.Data.QGen.QueryBuilder`1.ToList() in m:\BuildAgent\work\6c3239faf2b92630\src\Marr.Data\QGen\QueryBuilder.cs:line 279
   at NzbDrone.Core.Datastore.BasicRepository`1.All() in m:\BuildAgent\work\6c3239faf2b92630\src\NzbDrone.Core\Datastore\BasicRepository.cs:line 66
   at NzbDrone.Core.Qualities.QualityDefinitionService.<GetAll>b__0() in m:\BuildAgent\work\6c3239faf2b92630\src\NzbDrone.Core\Qualities\QualityDefinitionService.cs:line 34
   at NzbDrone.Common.Cache.Cached`1.Get(String key, Func`1 function, Nullable`1 lifeTime) in m:\BuildAgent\work\6c3239faf2b92630\src\NzbDrone.Common\Cache\Cached.cs:line 87
   at NzbDrone.Core.Qualities.QualityDefinitionService.GetAll() in m:\BuildAgent\work\6c3239faf2b92630\src\NzbDrone.Core\Qualities\QualityDefinitionService.cs:line 34
   at NzbDrone.Core.Qualities.QualityDefinitionService.All() in m:\BuildAgent\work\6c3239faf2b92630\src\NzbDrone.Core\Qualities\QualityDefinitionService.cs:line 46
   at NzbDrone.Api.Profiles.ProfileSchemaModule.GetAll() in m:\BuildAgent\work\6c3239faf2b92630\src\NzbDrone.Api\Profiles\ProfileSchemaModule.cs:line 24
   at NzbDrone.Api.REST.RestModule`1.<set_GetResourceAll>b__c(Object options) in m:\BuildAgent\work\6c3239faf2b92630\src\NzbDrone.Api\REST\RestModule.cs:line 111
   at CallSite.Target(Closure , CallSite , Func`2 , Object )
   at Nancy.Routing.Route.<>c__DisplayClass4.<Wrap>b__3(Object parameters, CancellationToken context)

Ok, don’t waste any time working on this. I think I might see the problem.

About a year ago, I tried installing Sonarr and couldn’t get it to work. So I uninstalled it. I just downloaded and installed a new version, but I think that when I uninstalled the previous version, it retained whatever settings I made. These appear to be stored in C:\programdata\nzbdrone. I was unable to remove or rename this file, because it was in use. I couldn’t find any way to stop sonarr/nzbdrone, and even after rebooting, could not rename that file.

My only alternative was to uninstall sonarr again. At this point, I could rename the file and install Sonarr once more. Things appear to be working a little more normally now.

IMO, this is something of a bug. When you uninstall Sonarr, it should take that directory with it. Or at the very least, if it sees existing settings during the installation, put up a big warning asking if you want to retain those old settings or start anew.

This error doesn’t come from the previously installed copy of Sonarr as Sonarr will upgrade its database from an old version to a new one (and its quite common for application data to be retained, during uninstall). The issue in this case comes from you upgrading to the develop version of Sonarr at some point recently (QualityId 16 come out in the last week) and then downgrading to the master version, likely by way of re-install.

The folder was previously in use because Sonarr was running as a service and was starting before you even logged into the system, terminating it from task manager or stopping the service would have allowed you to modify the files.

Glad to hear everything has been sorted.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.