Bazarr - a Sonarr companion to download your subtitles

After a couple of years working with shell script and post-processing script, I’ve developed a web companion to Sonarr that manage your subtitles and download new one in desired languages (configurable by tv show).

You can have a look here: https://github.com/morpheus65535/bazarr

BTW, I do not accept donation and Bazarr will always be free. It’s my way of giving back to the community.

Have fun!

11 Likes

Can you tell if this would work on Synology NAS as well and if .true. where can we download that version?
Great work, thanks.

Easiest way is by using docker if your Synology support it:

Are there any special settings if all my shows are on an Unraid server? Can’t get any shows to populate. Thanks.

I suggest you come to Discord and I’ll be happy to help you make it work: https://discord.gg/MH2e2eb

Testing it now, btw any chance to make it work on radarr as well?

Just switch to development branch in settings, update and restart bazarr. Should be merged to master in a couple of day.

Just a couple of things i noticed :

1. In the installation tutorial, Might want to ensure user has C:\Python27\Scripts in the environment path, python doesn’t seem to do this by default
  2. it’s not detecting any subs yet but i’d assume i need to wait…?
  3. Almost all of my serials that aren’t using 2/3 letter subs extensions,
    e.g house - S01E14.srt
    i was wondering if bazarr could somehow mark those subs as a certain language in the series editor page?

Thanks for your comments:

1. I’ll look into it.
  2. Depending on how many episode you got and what king of storage your library is using, you should be able to analyze between 3 and 40 episodes by second. In my case, a complete scan took a little less than 3 minutes for 2500 episodes on local 5400rpm SATA drives.
  3. To detect external subtitles, I use a function in Subliminal module (core.search_external_subtitles). This function try to identify subtitle language from IETF code. If it fail, the subtitles will be identified as unknown and I drop it because an unknown language subtitles is of no use to Bazarr. If you enable single language in settings and your subtitle file have the exact same filename as the episode (except for extension), Bazarr is going to try to detect in the first hundred lines of text the language using langdetect module. If it succeed, the subtitles is indexed in Bazarr and visible in the UI.

Hmm it lists all of my serials, about 3000, but after about an hour i havent seen any subs pop up yet…
I have put all providers, and logged in with opensubtitles
I listed 2 language in settings, english and indo, because in case a sub wasn’t found in my language, it could still download the english version.

I’m only seeing this in the log section :

Execution of job “Sync episodes with Sonarr (trigger: interval[0:05:00], next run at: 2018-06-14 10:03:42 +07)” skipped: maximum number of running instances reached (1)

Edit : ah seems like im getting something now, the log says error trying detect character encoding blablabla…

I suggest you come to the Discord channel or open an issue on Github. I don’t think this is the right place for this. Thanks!

Radarr integration is now part of Bazarr!

Hi !
I try to install Bazarr on my Windows but, i’ve see on your github wiki to python bazarr.py but i get this :

E:\Program Files\Bazarr>python bazarr.py
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “bazarr.py”, line 8, in
reload(sys)
NameError: name ‘reload’ is not defined

Any ideas ?
Thank’s great job !

I would say that you are trying to run Bazarr with Python 3.x which is not supported. Reload command is built-in Python 2.7.x.

Are you planning to move to python3?

I got no reason to move to Python 3. Is there something I’m missing?

Is there any way to get this running native on Synology without Docker?

Not that I’m aware of. You can try the installation from source but your going to be on your own.

Does this only check for external subs? It’s showing none of my episodes have subs. Thanks

It also index internal subtitles that have a valid language tag.