Any plan to implement Alternative Order from theTVDB.com

Sonarr version (exact version) : 3.0.3.698
Mono version (if Sonarr is not running on Windows) : N/A
Debug logs : -
Description of issue :

theTVDB.com has the feature of official order and alternate order.
A good example are the series series “Money Heist”.

Here is what TheTVDB shows for the series (https://www.thetvdb.com/series/la-casa-de-papel ):

• Official order:
    • Season 1: 15 episodes
    • Season 2: 8 episodes
  • Alternate order (labelled “Netflix” on the site):
    • Season 1: 13 episodes
    • Season 2: 9 episodes
    • Season 3: 8 episodes

Would it be possible to select the order you want when you add your series.

Thanks

I would also like this very much. Even plex get’s confused without the netflix version!

Also for me this would be a beautiful feature!

I hope the Kodi scrapers will also support this in the future.

+1 for me.
Example: 48 Hours Mystery
https://thetvdb.com/series/48-hours-mystery - “Current” Season is 33

http://www.tvmaze.com/shows/4408/48-hours - “Current” Season is 32

Sonarr shows S33 and all episodes that it knows about, but it never finds a single episode because they are all released in torrent sites as S32E?? I can see there is a new episode tomorrow (sunday) in the calendar, but Sonarr will never find it because it is looking for S33E31 when all the torrents will be S32E27

If I could get Sonarr to use tvmaze for the show metadata, then it would just work properly. Right now, I have to bypass sonarr and download episodes manually.

I should note that even Manual Search on a single episode will not find any torrents/files. Therefore, right now, Sonarr is entirely useless for this show - and this makes my wife sad.

Thexem.de should be able to help with that.

Hi Markus,

Could you clarify? I just ran into the “Money Heist issue” and been googling for solutions, all i was able to find are issue reports from 2 years until today, but sadly no fixes.
I don’t find an entry for Money Heist ( La casa de papel) on that page (thexem). Does that mean it’s not yet created, or would i see more shows if i create an account there? As i don’t see it in Sonarr i assume it’s not yet created, is that assumption correct? As in this case i would sit down and create an account and see how to add the show. But what is unclear to me, as the order on thetvdb only shows two seasons (in the “alternate” section i see the Netflix seasons) would that mean i would be able to have the Netflix order showing properly in Sonarr?

Regarding the general request, would it be possible to add an option to choose what order on thetvdb is chosen? Or are there any api limitations of sorts?

Thanks for clarification.

Money heist is a different beast, it’s not possible to support that with thexem.de.

TVDB’s API doesn’t currently expose alternate orders, so it’s not something we can support currently.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.