Another, path does not exist or is not accessible by Sonarr

edit: removed the first part, its been covered

in regards to permissions you set the host path to be owned by the PUID/PGID of the account you are using across all your “media” containers and give it full rights to that folder and all subfolders. if you do that then you shouldnt have any access issues at all, and you shouldnt need sonarr to change permissions.

if youre using different PUIDs for each container then make sure all of them are in the PGID group so they have full control

you may want to use this command to connect to the container and check the volume mappings exist, the path is there, and that you have access;
docker exec -it YOUR_CONTAINER_NAME_GOES_HERE bash

Thanks rhom
The PUID and PGID for both the Sonarr and NZBGet containers inside Docker are set to: 999

The Sonarr PUID and PGID was set automatically during the upgrade from non-docker to dockerized version of the app installed from Asustor’s App Central.

With IL2BT’s help I set the NZBGet PUID and PGID to match Sonarr’s.

Access control for both containers and volume1/Download is set to administrators.

is 999 an actual user on your nas?

ie typically you create a user id on the host, add it to a group, then get the IDs for both and set them for the container

the linuxserver containers typically run as user abc and group abc, and the bootup process resets their IDs to the PUID and PGID you set on the container, this effectively makes them the same IDs inside and outside which is how docker security works (the container IDs line up with the host IDs making them the same users and groups from a host security/access perspective)

from the looks of one of your previous posts the actual IDs are 1000/1000 so if 999 isnt a valid user on your host, and 1000 is, then you need to change the container to use 1000, then delete and re-create the container (not the container setup/config) so it picks up that change

note - the ownership there might be for docker, not the underlying volumes. you need to note down all the host paths mapped into each container and ensure that (for example) user 1000 is the owner (so has full control), and group 1000 also has full control (including to subfolders), so for asustor youd use the adm file explorer, or SSH in and use *nix commands

Search as I might, I’m unable to find reference to PUID or PGID in the Asustor NAS ADM.

I tried setting both Sonarr, and NZBGet to PUID 1000 and PGiD 1000 from Portainer and tested.

Whilst both UI’s were navigable they would not function. Sonarr for example wouldn’t clear its logs or search series.

Reverting back to 999 for both seems to restore function.

Is there a method in my configuration to confirm what access rights Sonarr has to:
/downloads/complete/tv/Breeders.S01E05.1080p.AMZN.WEB-DL

I have both Sonarr and NZBget running in Docker and using Portainer as a UI in a Asustor NAS

ADM > Access Control > Local Users > admin > Edit > UID - 999
" > " > Local Groups > administrators > GID - 999
Same for you?

/volume1/Download/NZBGet is correct, yes.

Should have checked last night, but here are my permissions, no issues:

/Media

/Media/Complete

/Media/Complete/[folder]

/Media/Complete/[folder]/[files.ext]

/Media/TV

/Media/TV/[Folder]

/Media/TV/[Folder]/[Files.ext]

Yup, same as you

The permissions look the same as yours.

You can see that the Sonarr error message lists the correct path. So it’s looking in the right place.

Sonarr’s volumes look like:

NZBGet’s volumes look like:

Do you think I need to remove ‘NZBGet’ from the end of /volume1/Download/NZBGet. Then amend the MainDir path in NZBGet to: /downloads/NZBGet

Yea, give it a shot

yes, they must be identical or it wont work.

and yes, you also need to reconfigure nzbget so the maindir is set to /downloads/nzbget and the destdir is set to /downloads/nzbget/complete

SUCCESS!

Thank you @ilike2burnthing @rhom @Thirrian for sticking with me!

TL:DR
It seems a dockerized Sonarr didn’t have permissions to directories that a non-dockerized NZBGet was using.

The solution for my Asustor NAS was to:

1. Add NZBGet to Docker via Portainer.
  2. Use the same PUID and PGID of 999 for both Sonarr and NZBGet
  3. Use the same directories for both Sonarr and NZBGet in Docker HOST: /volume1/Download PATH: /downloads
  4. Set NZBGet’s MainDir path: /downloads/NZBGet/
  5. Set NZBGet’s DestDir path: /downloads/NZBGet/complete

Unsure if these settings made an impact or not:

1. NZBGet > Settings > Unpack > UnrarCmd = ${AppDir}/unrar x -ai;

Winning combination

NZBGet Docker Volume

Sonarr Docker Volume

NZBGet Path

Thanks again Gents :grinning:

1 Like

Yay! Happy downloading! :wink:

Thanks again IL2BT

I’ve taken your Docker instructions and used them to install Radarr with great success.

:+1:t3:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.