"You should not download to a root folder."?

just because it has been working for weeks/months/years doesn’t mean something couldn’t go sideways in the future.

Yes, and that can also occur in any configuration/setup whether it is in the root folder or somewhere else. You have been aware of this since the initial release of sonarr, and now decided to implement this warning check system; fine, we have been notified and warned but at least provide us with the option to disable it and the auto-update checks.

After all, there are other areas in sonarr that provides options that can also make things go sideways regardless if the user knows what they are doing or not. It is well known that people will always find something/someone to blame regardless of all the warnings and notifications and it should not be up to you to baby-handle them by locking down their choices so they can’t blame sonarr when things go sideways.

This is my folder structure:
folders

And these are my setting under Sonarr:
Media Management
Root Folders: /mnt/usbstorage

Download Clients:
Remote Path Mappings
Host: localhost
Remote Path: /mnt/usbstorage/TV/
Local Path: /mnt/usbstorage/TV/

Is this a good setup?
I’m not receiving any errors after changing the root folder from /mnt/usbstorage/TV/ to /mnt/usbstorage

1. that remote path is not needed, why do you have it?
  2. don’t hijack threads; please open your own
  3. I mean not great… ideally you have

all under /mnt/usbstorage/:

• /TV {Sonarr Root Folder / Plex Library folder}
  • /Movies {Radarr Root Folder / Plex Library Folder}
  • /Downloads/Torrents/TV
  • /Downloads/Torrents/Movies
  1. If I remove it I get: ‘Remote Path’ must not be empty.
  2. Not my intention to hijack the tread, I’m getting the same warnings as the subject, so I posted my question here.

I’m saying you do not need a remote path map at all; why do you have one entered?

Honestly, I do not know, probably something I had for several years without thinking about it. When I got the warning after the update, I started to check my setting there.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.