Years old Sonarr Crashing After a few seconds suddenly

3.0.7.1477:
Mono version (if Sonarr is not running on Windows):
Windows 10 Pro build 19044:
https://www.toptal.com/developers/hastebin/raw/lacigicufu https://www.toptal.com/developers/hastebin/raw/fakakijuxo:
**The first link is a .NET runtime error I got that relates to the crash. The second link is application error. I looked through the debug logs and there were no errors. Sonarr runs for anywhere from 1 to 25 seconds. Then crashes.*:

It’s a problem with MediaInfo and one of the files Sonarr is attempting to process, enable trace logging to see which file it fails on.

Should there be some indication? It seems like it’s processing as it should to a logical point and then it just ends. Let me put up a log Recent Trace Log

There won’t be any indication as the logs will just abruptly stop due to mediainfo crashing which thus crashes Sonarr.

Based on that log it seems it may be this given it’s the last video file being scanned

2022-04-19 17:48:57.8|Debug|VideoFileInfoReader|Getting media info from D:\Completed Downloads\tv-sonarr\Picket.Fences.S01-S04.480p.HULU.WEB-DL.AAC2.0.H.264-NG\Picket.Fences.S01E01.Pilot.480p.HULU.WEB-DL.AAC2.0.H.264-NG.mkv

I went ahead and deleted that folder because, why not. Same deal. It seems to stop at random files each time. i have looked at the logs since yesterday. I have repaired the database. Moved it to a new hard drive, moved it to a new machine completely. Started from scratch, but as soon as I move data into the database it begins doing the same thing. I even tried moving new files in on the off chance i had bad files. No idea. All my other ARR’s are working fine… i don’t know what the deal is.

Im getting the same, Sonarr that has been running fine for years and ~3 days ago is now dying like half a minute after starting up… No changes made at all.

Hmm interesting… i saw my Sonarr downloading loads of picket fences episodes and they are in the queue and mine is dying in the same way as OP…

The answer for all of you is going to be the same. You’re either on old days unsupported installs. Or most likely mediainfo is crashing on one of the last files it indicates is being scanned in trace logs.

Deleting the folder with those files DID do the trick. I missed a folder.

You’re right. I missed a folder. I was tired and made a mistake. Thank you for the backup. I usually hash this stuff out on my own, but i’d been digging at it for 24 hours and i knew i needed help. I appreciate it. Sonarr is fantastic.

Deleting that folder has fixed my issue also - thanks for the support.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.