Wrong episode duration & action when missing episode exists in season release only

Sonarr version (exact version): 3.0.8.1507 (hotio docker image)
Mono version (if Sonarr is not running on Windows): 6.12.0.122

This is basically two unrelated questions, if you prefer for me to split them let me know.

1. I had an issue this morning when the s04e09 stranger things ep aired. The release was rejected due to exceeding the quality size limit. The problem is that sonarr mentions that the ep lasts 52min, while the ep in reality is 2h22m long which was the cause of sonarr misscalculating MB per min. eztv, the tracker it picked it from, also shows it as 2h22m.
    Is this a fubar from the eztv API reporting wrong duration or does sonarr scan the file / some TV DB for the duration length?

2. If you are missing an episode from a season and the tracker you use has only season torrents sonarr will report that there are no search results. Is there an option that will make sonarr grab a season torrent if there is not a single ep release, even if that means replacing all the existing episode?

Bonus for 2: the stranger things s04 got released as s04 part 1 and today another two episodes got released. Some trackers have only a s04 complete torrent containing part1 and the two episodes.
When sonarr was looking for s04e08, s04e09 this morning when the episodes aired sonarr would not have grabbed something if I didn’t have eztv also enabled, correct?

Thank you

For 1: As always AFAIK, Sonarr pulls it’s data from TVDB. Skyhook shows a runtime set for the series of 52 mins. Any recent changes won’t have synced across yet (eg. TVDB is now showing average runtime value of 62 minutes)

I don’t believe Sonarr uses individual episode runtimes. They don’t show up in the skyhook feed at least anyway.

I wasn’t aware of that as I am a couple weeks old user of the *arr family.
Usually series tend to have a ~constant episode length without very large deviations so I understand the reasoning behind having data per season/series.

I take it then that most users that had stranger things must have been affected as I did, unless they had changed their default quality sizes.

Cheers for the info.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.