Where is season pass and mass editor?

Sonarr version (exact version): 4.0.0.383
Mono version (if Sonarr is not running on Windows):
Debug logs:
Description of issue: As topic title
Hi,
The changelog for Sonarr 4.0.0.378 says that Season Pass and Mass Editor are now part of series list.
Could you say where they are as I do not see them on that page.
They are very useful items to have when you are re-adding 150 shows after reinstalling Windows/Sonarr and you want to unmonitor past seasons!

You have to click the select series button at the top and then select some series.

Personally, I thought the mass editor was fine where it was. It was a different view of the series, which showed everything as a list. It also included the path to each one (I think by default), which is infinitely helpful.

To get the same functionality post-update, I’d have to change the view and toggle some other options, and then have to do the reverse once I’m done to put everything back the way it was.

@Dex_Luther Thanks for your reply. I agree - nothing wrong with Mass Editor pre update.

I did already select a couple of series. At the bottom of the window, all I saw were “Edit” “Rename” “Files” “Set Tags” “Update” “Monitoring” and “Delete” - no Mass Editor. I also toggled the Options and the View buttons. I briefly looked at Table View but saw nothing resembling Mass Editor pre update nor any way to change the season monitoring status.

Looking more closely at Table View I see now that the seasons column in Table View popsup the monitoring status for each TV show’s season when you mouse hover over it and you can then toggle the season monitoring status. This is a pale shadow of Mass Editor pre-update. It is not sign posted as “Mass Editor” nor as quick or easy to use as Mass Editor was pre-update which as you said showed all the TV shows and seasons in a table list and immediately you could see if each season was monitored or unmonitored and change this if needed. “Mass Editor” post update only shows the monitored status when you hover over the seasons column for that TV show only.

What I used Mass Editor for was:
I have Sonarr set to unmonitor deleted episodes which works fine as I delete episodes after watching. However, when a season has ended, even though all the episodes are now unmonitored, Sonarr does not seem to unmonitor the season, as the season icon for each TV show still showed as filled in black. Is this a bug? So I would select each season and unmonitor it. To do now what I did in Mass Editor pre update would take very much longer. “Mass Editor” post update lacks the speed and convenience of Mass Editor pre update.

Mark, please bring back the old Mass Editor.

My reason for using Mass Editor is just for aesthetics, I know. Still love Sonarr. What’s not to love!

1 Like

Mass editor never did this, are you talking about Season Pass?

Not a bug, Sonarr just has no way to know when a season was truly finished, maybe that’s something TheTVDB has now that we could look into supporting as episodes are unmonitored, but if episodes aren’t added ahead of time that could lead to issues where a season is unmonitored before all episodes are available.

We have no intentions to bring back separate views for Mass Editor or Season Pass, it was just way too much duplication of code and lack of features. We looked at how we could keep seasons more like it was, but when series have more seasons than can fit in a row comfortably it wouldn’t be possible without a huge performance hit, let alone the series with 10s or hundreds of seasons.

Not opposed to discussing how the changes affected some use cases, as long as it’s constructive.

I’d always thought having a mass editor AND a season pass was redundant, but I have the same problem with removing them as @Dex_Luther. I always use a series list view with a custom filter, sorted by next airing, displayed as posters. Now with mass editor gone, to make even a small modification I usually have to change filter to All, set sort order to Alphabetical, set view mode to Table, and revert it all back to the way I prefer afterwards.
It seems to me having an easily accessible table view of all shows, sorted alphabetically, was a very useful thing. Could it possibly be made into a preset in the series list, something one could easily switch to and switch back from without making multiple (in my case, 6) view changes?

Yes I was talking about Season Pass in my post, not Mass Editor. Sorry.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.