What does "Use filename for preferred word score if it's higher than scene name"

in the changelog that just popped up for v3, it showed this

“Use filename for preferred word score if it’s higher than scene name”

what does it mean? i.e. I asked a while ago about using different filenames for different sources (i.e. I prefer the original filename unless its been obfuscated), but was told that it probably wouldn’t happen (i.e. something along the lines of not something planned to be done)

I’m wondering if this is related.(or could be used in a similar way). a cursory look through settings didn’t see a change.

my guess (perhaps incorrect) is that there is a new tag for use in renaming {Preferred Words} that would include any of the words in the preferred words list in the output file renamed. so wouldn’t solve my problem.

No relation to any of the things you mention as far as I can tell from the code.

From what I understand it just means what it says: when calculating the preferred words score of a download, it will use the score of the filename if it’s higher than the scene name for ranking them.
E.g. scene name doesn’t mention anything, but the filename has “hevc” in it, and you give +50 to hevc in preferred words.
In the past it would still be at 0, now sonarr uses the better of the two and gives the release a score of 50.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.