What does it mean when the download status of an episode is black vs white?

Sonarr version (exact version): 2.0.0.5322
Mono version (if Sonarr is not running on Windows):
Debug logs:
Description of issue:

If I click on a series name, I see a list of all of the episodes and which ones I have downloaded. What does it mean when the status of a download that I already know has happened is shaded, and then what does it mean when it is not shaded? I am thinking this means that the cutoff has or has not been met. But if it has been met, why isn’t the “monitored” status white (see below)?

For example, Sonarr downloaded show ABC this morning. The episode currently shows with the “monitored” status black (meaning that Sonarr is still monitoring it) and the status showing “HDTV-720P” shaded and the hover over message stating “Episode Downloaded XXX MB”.

My profile is set up to prioritize smaller files rather than larger ones, and I want Sonarr to not attempt any more downloads after the smallest file it can get is downloaded.

Here is my profile:

Cutoff: WebDL-1080p

SDTV
WebDL-480p
DVD
HDTV-720p
HDTV-1080p
WebDL-720p
Bluray-720p
WebDL-1080p

So basically, my main question is, what does it mean when the status of a download that I already know has happened is shaded, and then what does it mean when it is not shaded? In the example above, my cutoff should have been met (cutoff WebDL-1080p, and I downloaded HDTV-720p (remember that my profile prefers lower quality). So therefore, I would expect Sonarr to not attempt to download any more shows since the cutoff has been met.

its actually its setup to download the first file it sees then it should stop. its preferring the smaller qualities but the cutoff is set to the lowest in the list so its going to stop there if it grabs one of those.

if you really want SDTV (presuming thats the smallest) for everything then the cutoff should be SDTV (or DVD or WebDL-480p if you stick to 480p qualities)

this is true so im not sure why its still monitored. i see the same thing happen with most of my shows, they dont change to unmonitored once the cutoff has been met, but i have preferred words so that might be impacting it, not sure.

if the quality is dark, its met the cutoff, if its lighter then it hasnt

eg, 1080p is lower than 720p in my profile, cutoff is set to 720p

so the 1080p is lighter (doesnt meet cutoff), and the 720p is darker (cutoff has been met)

i use handbrake to manually convert anything that stays higher than 720p later to save space

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.