WD MyCloud + Sonarr + Transmission: Can't Access Completed Folder/Files

Sonarr version (exact version): 2.0.0.4472
Mono version (if Sonarr is not running on Windows): 4.2.3 (Stable 4.2.3.4/832de4b Wed Mar 16 13:19:08 UTC 2016)
((Debug logs)):
“Import failed, path does not exist or is not accessible by Sonarr: /shares/Public/Download/Last.Week.Tonight.With.John.Oliver.S04E01.HDTV.x264-BRISK[rarbg]”

Description of issue:
I can’t seem to auto or manually access files/folders downloaded by Transmission on my WD MyCloud to move or process and getting the error above.

Sonarr has no problem kicking off the download on Transmission but just can’t seem to process the file once it’s down.

Changed the folder permissions of the downloaded files to test but still can’t seem to figure this out!

I know this is happened to others but can’t get it working!

Any suggestions?

Almost certainly permissions, does the user running Sonarr (either via the user or it’s group) have read and write access to /shares/Public/Download/ and and all it’s contents?

Thanks for responding Markus

That whole parent folder is shared with the Public so I’m fairly sure it is. Just in case I tested by changing ownership of the ‘Last Week Tonight’ download folder and gave the user I created for Sonarr full 777 access to it and it still comes up with the message above.

I agree that it’s probably a permissions issue though. Is there a way for me to change which user Sonarr uses so maybe I can try this with the “root” account credentials to ensure it’s not a config issue?

Thanks

Sonarr will run under which user starts mono for it, the easiest would be to run it manually after stopping the instance that is currently running. Keep in mind the database and config by default are per user (you can see the location under System: Status in Sonarr), so you’ll need to copy it over and make sure the permissions are correct (before and after testing).

Tried stopping the instance on BusyBox, deleting the image & container, redownloading it and ran it as a user with admin priviledges.

Still having the same issue.

In the logs it says:

Import failed, path does not exist or is not accessible by Sonarr: /shares/Public/Download/South.Park.S20E10.WEBRip.x264-FUM[ettv]

When hitting the ‘Manual import’ option in the Activity screen I get:

No video files were found in the selected folder.

(there’s an *.mp4 file in there)

When downloading via Transmission (running on same server) it saves the file to the publically accessible Download folder with root/root ownership. In case this was the reason I changed the owner of the files to the same user as above but the ‘Manual import’ still won’t work.

Any ideas?!..really appreciate the help!

Still looks like permissions…

What do the permissions on that folder and the file inside look like?
Which user are you using?
Which groups is that user in?

Hi Markus

Download Folder:

Permissions: drwxrwxrwx
Owner: usersonarr
Group: share

User:
usersonarr

Group:

Just retested and it looks like my Transmission is saving the downloaded folders/files under root:root permissions in my Download folder which would explain why it fails initially…I’ll need to look into how I can configure Transmission to download as another user.

But it doesn’t explain that even after I recursively chown the folders/files to my usersonarr:share I still can’t use the ‘Manual Import’ option??

Also the DownloadedEpisodesImportService is still running in the background trying to rename/move the files every minute or so and it’s still giving the same error even though the ownership of the files has been changed:

Import failed, path does not exist or is not accessible by Sonarr: /shares/Public/Download/South.Park.S20E10.WEBRip.x264-FUM[ettv]

Any suggestions??

I’ve been rechecking this and I’m not sure it’s permissions!

The user running Sonarr (confirmed by checking permissions of /Sonarr/config folder)
=
Owner of Downloads folder
=
Owner of Media folder

I’m stumped!

I’ve attached screenshot of each of the errors for the same file if this helps!

Is there a video file in the folder? Sonarr doesn’t handle RAR files.

Sonarr and Transmission are running on the same system?
What filesystem is the device using? We’ve seen issues in the past with XFS that appear similar to permissions issues.

Yea tried it with *.avi, *.mp4 and *.mkv files - same issue.

File system is ext4 - I think? (see below)

user@MyCloudPR2100 root # mount | grep "^/dev"
/dev/ram0 on / type ext2 (rw)
/dev/loop0 on /usr/local/modules type squashfs (rw,offset=2048)
/dev/mmcblk0p6 on /usr/local/tmp_wdnas_config type ext4 (rw,sync,noatime,nodiratime)
/dev/sdb4 on /mnt/HD_b4 type ext4 (rw)
/dev/sda4 on /mnt/HD_a4 type ext4 (rw)
/dev/md1 on /mnt/HD/HD_a2 type ext4 (rw,noatime,nodiratime,barrier=0,usrquota,grpquota)

Does the download folder and the files inside have the same permission as the Downloads folder?

Sorry markus - was away for a few days

Just checked again: owner of download folder (and files enclosed) is the same as the owner of Downloads folder

Any other ideas?

Is there another path that points to /shares/Public/Download/ or is that the path everything uses on the local disk?

Besides that I’m curious what the output of ls -la /shares/Public/Download/ and /shares/Public/Download/South.Park.S20E10.WEBRip.x264-FUM[ettv] are (replace the southpark folder with anything currently not imported).

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.