Warning: Mono 3.12 and Sonarr

Do not upgrade to mono 3.12, it contains a bug that will prevent Sonarr from starting.

Its a known bug and has already been fixed: https://bugzilla.xamarin.com/show_bug.cgi?id=25720

We’ll keep this thread updated when we know if 3.12.1 will be released with a fix for it.

We have found a workaround for this issue and it is now in develop, it will be in the next release to master.

Thanks for the quick workaround. I can confirm that Sonarr is working on Mono 3.12 with the latest DEV version.

Ditto that. Now to purge and reinstall mono back 3.12

edit

Can also confirm develop is now working with 3.12
Version
Mono Version
3.12.0 (tarball Tue Jan 13 19:47:35 UTC 2015)

My wife is going thru withdrawals. Can I simply change my ppa from ‘master’ to ‘develop’ and then update?

Ok, I’m game. I tried it. ran apt-get update and upgrade. Worked for me. This machine is Linux Mint 17
dedicated to plex, sabnzbd and couchpotato only. YMMV

How can you switch branche if you are not able to get into the web ui?

Assuming its not launching switching branches won’t do much good since it won’t install without starting up. You can do it via the config file in Sonarr’s AppData folder.

THe fix is now in master.

I have compiled 3.12.1 for ARM, will post a link shortly if there are no other known issues, or is sticking to 3.10 recommended?

I’d suggest double checking that it works with the updater as there are a couple issues with that and 3.12.1.

It did update successfully from master to develop but that’s hardly definitive. Is it worth trying mono 4.0 or is 3.10 the rock solid stable recommendation?

Some reports of updates not working on 4.0.1, but thats been few and far between, we haven’t looked at 4.0.1 ourselves, but it looks promising.

I’ve been running sonarr on f22 with mono 4.0.1 and haven’t had any problems yet.