Want to remove and re-install sonarr

Don’t know - explained below
Mono Version: 6.12.0.182
ubuntu 20.04.4
no logs:
trying to install on new machine and failing I did, however, get mono installed

my machine lost the boot partition so I thought I would start over with an ssd card (speed stuff up) I still have my old drive and can access sonar stuff on that machine. I have spent a day trying to install sonar I thought I had it installed but it won’t run and I think I screwed things up so I want to try again.

This time I want to remove my failure and then ask for the best install directions I can get. Can you tell me where it is please.

I went to the old drive and found the following files that might be of use after I get sonarr up and running::
/media/greg/old_boot/home/greg/sonarr_recycle
/media/greg/old_boot/etc/apt/sources.list.d/sonarr.list
/media/greg/old_boot/etc/apt/sources.list.d/sonarr.list.save
/media/greg/old_boot/home/greg/Documents/sonarr.txt
/media/greg/old_boot/etc/systemd/system/sonarr.service
/media/greg/old_boot/var/lib/apt/lists/apt.sonarr.tv_dists_master_InRelease
/media/greg/old_boot/var/lib/apt/lists.old/apt.sonarr.tv_dists_master_InRelease
/media/greg/old_boot/var/lib/apt/lists/apt.sonarr.tv_dists_master_main_binary-i386_Packages
/media/greg/old_boot/var/lib/apt/lists.old/apt.sonarr.tv_dists_master_main_binary-i386_Packages
/media/greg/old_boot/var/lib/apt/lists/apt.sonarr.tv_dists_master_main_binary-amd64_Packages
/media/greg/old_boot/var/lib/apt/lists.old/apt.sonarr.tv_dists_master_main_binary-amd64_Packages
/media/greg/old_boot/var/lib/apt/lists.old/lists/apt.sonarr.tv_dists_master_InRelease
/media/greg/old_boot/var/lib/apt/lists.old/lists/apt.sonarr.tv_dists_master_main_binary-i386_Packages
/media/greg/old_boot/var/lib/apt/lists.old/lists/apt.sonarr.tv_dists_master_main_binary-amd64_Packages

I tried to find nzbdrone files but failed. I also thought I had a backup file but couldn’t find that either.

Any help would help on this one as I want to do it right.

It’d be apt purge to remove, but if you’re not using the old drive as a boot disk or anything other than just data recovery - it doesn’t matter

https://sonarr.tv/#downloads-v3-linux-ubuntu

Nzbdrone has been dead and end of life for over 2 years.

Faq covers backup/restore - https://wiki.servarr.com/sonarr/faq#how-do-i-backuprestore-my-sonarr

You’d just need to install sonarr on the new drive shut it down, and then copy over the old appdata

Thanks for the reply.
A bit of confusion. I got mono installed and I had also installed sonarr. That installation was a failure so I have to uninstall and get rid of all nzbdrone and sonarr files.

I need to copy over the old appdata. Does that mean the entire list that was in my message? I also missed one which was a text file that had a pile of stuff in it.
Thoughts?

Oh the version 3 thing. If 2 has been dead for 2 years then why are all the google installs for radarr all for 2? Seems odd to me.

No, just config.xml and sonarr.db

Because google points to old, out of date blog posts etc that have poor instructions and are for unsupported versions.

Stick to the official instructions

Thank you for the reply!

Below is a link from my old radarr. its for nzbdrone.backup. It just started to make these I must have pushed a button or because of an update. there are only 4 and they are recent.
it holds;
config.sml
nzbdrone.db
nzbdrone.db.journal (empty)
Anyway is it of any use to me? Backups are good?
/media/greg/old_boot/home/greg/.config/NzbDrone/Backups/scheduled/nzbdrone_backup_2022.06.19_11.56.40.zip

Evidently I installed a failed sonarr with ubuntu software. Its hell getting the files off the machine as there are a bunch of them root owns and I can’t get rid of them even when I am also root - strange but I will get it done. Oh, they are in snap.

You want me to use the instructions in https://sonarr.tv/#downloads-v3-linux-ubuntu?

OK, I’m going to start with the install. I deleted all files with sonarr or nzbdrone. I just added the sonarr repository. That was fine:
gpg: key 1F4F90DE2A9B4BF8: public key “Sonarr hello@sonarr.tv” imported
gpg: Total number processed: 1
gpg: imported: 1

I got this:
E: The repository ‘https://download.mono-project.com/repo/ubuntu>https://download.mono-project.com/repo/ubuntu stable-bionic Release’ does not have a Release file.
N: Updating from such a repository can’t be done securely, and is therefore disabled by default.
N: See apt-secure(8) manpage for repository creation and user configuration details.

Then I got the mono version for this:
greg@movies:~$ mono --version
Mono JIT compiler version 6.12.0.182 (tarball Tue Jun 14 22:35:00 UTC 2022)
Copyright © 2002-2014 Novell, Inc, Xamarin Inc and Contributors. www.mono-project.com
TLS: __thread
SIGSEGV: altstack
Notifications: epoll
Architecture: amd64
Disabled: none
Misc: softdebug
Interpreter: yes
LLVM: yes(610)
Suspend: hybrid
GC: sgen (concurrent by default)

Should I ignore it all and keep on going?

I have now installed sonarr. I have done nothing with it because I have other problems but will, in the next few days.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.