Vuze torrent client support

After a bit of digging I’ve found that the Vuze (formerly Azureus) web remote plugin was built to be compatible with the Transmission torrent client which Sonarr already supports.
Theoretically it should be easy to add support tor Vuze, at the moment the only problem I can find is that the version check done during the connection test fails, probably just needs to be tweaked to allow Vuze version 5.0.0.0 or above which is when it was added.

Here is all the information I’ve managed to dig up for anyone interested:

See:Vuze 5.0.0.0 release notes
There is a line in there that says "CHANGE: Plug | Vuze Web Remote: Support most of Transmission’s remote API"
You can also find small references in these:

Setting up the plugin: (This is all done from the Classic interface BTW)

• Install the Addon in Vuze by going to Plugins > Installation Wizard > By list from sourceforge.net
  • Find the “Vuze Web Remote” addon and install it.
  • You can then configure it from Tools > Options > Plugins > Vuze Web Remote (HTTPS wouldn’t work for me, possibly a bug)
  • Check the status of the plugin from Plugins > Log Views > Vuze Web Remote

I my testing, trying to use the Settings for the Transmission client in Sonarr on my Vuze setup I found the following.

• Vuze uses the same URL base "\transmission’ (confirmed with the in the Plugin logs in Vuze)
  • The version check fails, saying “Transmission version not supported, should be 2.40 or higher.”

I also checked when Transmission 2.40 was released, it was around October of 2011. Since Vuze 5.0.0.0 was released in the middle 2013 it’s very likely to be compatible.

edit: accidentally left some punctuation/formatting out.

1 Like

This is a good find! Hopefully there will be a way to get past the version error soon

I do not think that Vuze support will ever be added (if its not very easy done) because most trackers (good ones) do not support/allow Vuze. The reason for this is because it so easily faked. And cheaters use modded ones all the time.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.