V4 Rescanning & Renaming is very slow

Sonarr version (exact version): 4.0.0.400
Mono version (if Sonarr is not running on Windows):
Debug logs:
Description of issue:

When asking a question about Release Group parsing, i mentioned the Manage Episode was very slow to load and now i see it has been fixed. Thanks for that!

Now i will try my luck with the rescanning and renaming :smiley:

Rescanning a show where a lot of files have been replaced and then renaming those files takes way longer than in v3. Also, i will sometimes rename a whole show with let’s say 100 episodes and once it finishes, i click rename again and it will show a few episodes that still need to be renamed.

Unfortunately i don’t have the logs because it doesn’t always happen and i just made it a habit of renaming twice to make sure nothing was missed.

If i do see it happen again, i will save the log but for now i’ll settle for speeding up the rescanning & renaming if it is at all possible…

As always, thanks and i really appreciate all the great work you guys do!

In v3 files were considered equal if the filename was the same, with v4 it now takes file size into account, which will slow things down to some degree.

Renaming may be slightly slower with Custom Formats being calculated, though the difference between preferred words should be minor.

Thank you so much for this! :smiley:

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.