[v4.0.5.1710] System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path

~Sonarr version (4.0.5.1710):
OS Synology Version: 7.2.1-69057 Update 5:

Description of the issue:
Everything was working fine for a while. I use NZBGET and Usenet for my download client.

In the last week or so, I noticed an issue with auto-import. Downloading, unzipping, and renaming are all fine, but I’m getting the following error during auto-import:

[v4.0.5.1710] System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path '/volume1/NZBDownloads/completed/Series/TV SHOWNAME/

The NZBDownloads folder and its subfolders, including the new TV show folder that appears during downloads, have the correct permissions. The problem is with the finished product (.mkv file), which doesn’t inherit permissions from the NZBDownloads folder.

I have sc-nzbget, admin, and user accounts all with custom permissions. If I right-click the top-level NZBDownloads folder, apply permissions to the folder and its children, and click OK, the newly downloaded files are imported correctly.

However, as soon as the next download unpacks, it creates a new folder where Sonarr doesn’t have the rights to import the files.

Is anyone else experiencing this issue? Everything was working perfectly for months, so it seems like it might be a recent Sonarr update causing the problem.

P.S. It doesn’t matter who I add to NZBDownloads (everyone with full access); the last folder in the structure containing the .mp4, .mkv, etc., files doesn’t have the correct permissions until I manually reapply them.

Any ideas?

Seems like an NZBGet and/or Syno related issue, not Sonarr.
Might be better asking in the appropriate support locations for them.

Also, depending on which NZBGet you are using, it might be this: see fix
https://github.com/nzbgetcom/nzbget/discussions/266

Totally Correct :slight_smile:

it seems it was a NZBGET issue, Ive resolved this now tho i believe

I can delete the post

1 Like