V3 upgrade quality behavior?

Sonarr version (exact version) : 3.0.3.688
Mono version (if Sonarr is not running on Windows) : 5.18.0.240
Debug logs : n/a
Description of issue :

Hi all! I have a question regarding the upgrade quality behavior.
I have a show with the 720/1080p profile. The cutoff is set at 1080p bluray.
I have e.g. 2 episodes that are SDTV and WEB720 resp.
What is the behavior here? Will Sonarr download only the 1080p bluray if available, or will it also catch the next best thing, e.g. HDTV1080p if available?

Thanks again!

It will download whatever is selected (checkbox) in the profile, when it is seen on RSS (or automatic search), until the cutoff quality is met.
It will all depend on what is selected, and since people can change or create their own quality profiles, it will depend on your particular profile.

Hi Thirrian,
So what about old episodes which probably will not be uploaded anymore? I noticed that triggering a manual search would not upgrade anything. I really have to say ‘download monitored’, but then I wonder what actually happens; will it download the first ‘checked’ quality it finds, or will it then keep downloading all versions until the cutoff is met?

Sonarr will evaluate all results for an episode that are available at the time of a search, and pick the best one. Where “the best” depends on your profile. The higher in the list, the better.

For RSS, it will evaluate the result when it appears, so there is only the result on the feed to evaluate against the quality of the file you already have. In this case, you may get multiple downloads for the same file, as progressively better qualities become available over time and are seen on the RSS of your indexer(s).

Many thanks, all clear now!

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.