V3 Refuses to Detect Some Episodes in Scan or Manual Import

Sonarr version (exact version): 3.0.0.256
Mono version (if Sonarr is not running on Windows): 5.14.0.177
Debug logs: https://pastebin.com/PqMUL138
Description of issue:
Sonarr v3 seems unable to detect season 2 and 4 of IT Crowd and all of Two Guys and a Girl. I have done the following:

• Rename file slightly (leaving season, episode, and quality in tact) and run scan
  • Move file, run scan, move file back, run scan again
  • Run a manual import on the series (get the error “Sequence contains no matching element”)
  • Move file to another location, run manual import under wanted (get the error “Sequence contains no matching element”)

The stable version of Sonarr has no issues detecting these files when I scan for them.

Which flavour/version?

Can you grab trace logs for the series/disk scan of The IT Crowd?
And also the output of ln -lR /tv/The IT Crowd (2006)

I am running in an alpine docker on unraid. Edit: It’s the lsiodev docker you link to.

Tracelogs are posted here.

Let me know what else I can do to help.

Edit 2: I’ll get that output you asked for, missed that somehow.
Edit 3: That command appears to be reported as invalid both outside my docker using the actual path, and inside the docker using the container path (/tv/)

Whoops, it’s ls -lR /tv/The IT Crowd (2006) (ls not ln), you may have to escape the spaces as well.

Would you also be able to send me a backup of your database? (System: Backup), it’ll have passwords/API keys, so feel free to edit those out first. Maybe backup, then edit your settings then backup (send the second to me) and then finally restore you original backup.

Something with the quality profile doesn’t seem quite right, but not sure what.

What am I editing before backing up again? Anything?

Anything you want to avoid sharing with me (passwords/API keys for download clients, indexers, connections, etc). I’m not interested and won’t be looking at that, but for your peace of mind. Also please PM me the DB to keep it private.

Here is the ls -lR
https://pastebin.com/u0ncxWNn

I’ll DM you the backup shortly. It also looks like the restore feature where you click the restore button next to the backup is broken for me (500 error). Is this known or should I make another post on that?

Edit: Forgot to mention there is a clear difference where write permission is missing from the ls -LR, I assume that is related to the issue but since v2 has no issues with it not sure why.

Everything in your DB looks fine, which is good. I think this might be related to permissions, but I’m not sure why it’s blowing up so spectacularly other than the quality detection seems to break in this particular scenario.

Before you go changing any permissions I’d love some trace logs from the latest build (available now).

This log line is odd/definitely wrong:

18-9-20 07:50:43.0|Debug|AggregateQuality|Using quality: v1

There should be some quality in front of v1 in there, not entirely sure how yet, but knowing what’s happening should help track down why.

Here are trace logs while refreshing The IT Crowd on the latest update (it still didn’t detect season 2 or 4).
https://pastebin.com/1Fu23mYB

Should I go ahead and change the permissions or would you like me to hold off for additional testing?

I did some testing with changing permissions on S02E01 in a few ways with no luck.

• Tried changing the owner to nobody with chown
  • Tried matching the permissions to the working files with chmod 644
  • Tried moving the file (with matched permissions) to another folder, scanning, and moving it back
  • Tried blasting the file with chmod 777

Hey Markus,

Not trying to be a squeaky wheel, just want to know if there is anything I can do to help out.

Hadn’t had a chance to check the logs, but did just now this is the reason it’s failing:

18-9-22 08:10:12.7|Trace|AggregateQuality|Finding quality. Source: DVD. Resolution: 720

There isn’t a matching quality for DVD with a resolution so it’s failing. Sonarr should detect those as Bluray 720p given that information, I have an idea how to fix it.

For now you could remove DVD and Sonarr will detect as HDTV-720p or replace DVD with Bluray (or just wait for the fix).

Sounds great, thanks!

This should be fixed in the next release.

All fixed! Thanks :slight_smile:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.