V3: 3 questions on behavior (that I couldn't find the answer to)

Sonarr version (exact version): 3.0.3.688
Mono version (if Sonarr is not running on Windows): 5.18.0.240
Debug logs: n/a
Description of issue:

First off, many thanks for all your hard work! Really happy with the product. :slight_smile:
There are 3 things that aren’t clear to me, hence this post.

1. When a cutoff is unmet for a monitored (old) episode, you will need to manually trigger a search, correct? What if the cutoff is eventually met for a monitored episode, will it automatically stop monitoring the episode?

2. Is it possible to make Sonarr always grab the smallest (filesize) release when finding multiple of certain qualities? And still take the preferred words / tags into consideration first? E.g. preferred word is NL.subs, and quality profile is web1080. It finds 1.2GB, 1.6GB, 2,6GB w/o preferred, and 1.3GB, 1.9GB , 2.8GB with preferred words, I would like to see the 1.3.GB grabbed.

3. Is there a way (or can there be a switch) to disable the behavior, where the 1st and last episode allowed size is double that of the quality profile? I understand the reason due to longer finales etc, but it seems that most 1st / last episodes are same length as the rest. I rather go and download any missing manually, than having to replace all of the 1st / last for each season. Seems to me this could be easily made optional with a bool?

Thanks again, and keep up the great work! :sunglasses:

1. Yes, nothing has changed there. It won’t unmonitor it, but it wouldn’t grab an upgrade since the cutoff is already met

2. Not currently. Best you can do is use size restrictions

3. No, we don’t have plans for that. Eventually we should have per episode run times instead.

Thank you Markus!

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.