uTorrent downloads not starting on Linux

I normally use uTorrent when manually downloading torrents outside of Sonarr and it works fine. However, when Sonarr adds a file to the uTorrent download cue (either automatically or manually), the torrent doesn’t atcually ever start downloading. They show up in uTorrent but stay at 0% and download speed is at 0.1 kB/s

Is this a known issue and is there a fix/workaround for this?

Unless you have told Sonarr to add them and not start them, they should be started, but beyond that Sonarr doesn’t control whether it’s stopped or started.

That’s what I figured, but in my Sonarr settings, the “Initial State” of the uTorrent client is set to “Start”. I even tried “Force Start” and I still have the same issue (it says downloading, but is not actually doing anything).

Nzbget works fine on the other hand, but I would much rather use torrents as there are more public (and free) feeds available.

So, I tried using Deluge instead of uTorrent and it worked fine for a few days. But now it’s giving me the exact same issue.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.