Use Sonarr with Synology download station

Version 3.0.9.1549
Package Version 3.0.9.1549-ls159 by linuxserver.io
Mono Version 6.12.0.182

Sonarr is running as a container on a separate machine (so not the NAS)
I want to use the synology download station to download files.

I keep on running in the issue that I need to enter something in the “Directory” field, and nothing gets accepted.

So this is the setup:

• Synology diskstation has download station installed. There is a share called “video”. In that share there is a folder called “downloads”. This folder is set as the default download folder in the download station.
  • When I want to add the download station as a download client, I initially leave the “directory” field empty, as the help text suggests. But I get a “no default destination” error.

I then tried the following:

mnt/downloads
downloads
video/downloads
video
mnt

(Note: The container has the video share mounted under “mnt”. It sees the downloads directory there.

None of those worked. What am I supposed to enter in that field?

I think in your case you may need to use Remote Path Mapping

Remote Path Mapping
If you have Sonarr in Docker and the Download Client in non-Docker (or vice versa) or have the programs on different servers then you may need a remote path map.

When do I need remote path mappings
If Sonarr and your download client are not on the same server/system

https://wiki.servarr.com/en/sonarr/troubleshooting#remote-path-mapping
https://trash-guides.info/Sonarr/Sonarr-remote-path-mapping/

I cannot add any remote path mapping until I have added a download client. And it is adding the download client where I am stuck.

Previous similar issues seem to report needing to switch to develop branch, or change to a better, supported download client.

I ended up installing transmission on my openshift box.

I use the NAS pure for storage. Run Sonarr, Jacket, Transmission, Unpacker and Jellyfin now on Openshift, with hardware transcoding. Quite happy now :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.