Update of sonarr not working and ends with error in log

I’m using sonarr including mono 3.10 on my qnap nas. I’m running the master branch version and would like to update to the newly released version now but it doesn’t work. I’ve enabled automatic update through the built-in script but this didn’t update to the new 2.0.0.2500. So after this I tried manually which shows an error in the log

Update process failed: ApplicationName=‘mono’, CommandLine=’/tmp/nzbdrone_update/NzbDrone.Update.exe 5969 /tmp/nzbdrone_update /share/MD0_DATA/.qpkg/NzbDrone/NzbDrone/NzbDrone.exe’, CurrentDirectory=’’, Native error= Cannot find the specified file

Exception
System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception: ApplicationName=‘mono’, CommandLine=’/tmp/nzbdrone_update/NzbDrone.Update.exe 5969 /tmp/nzbdrone_update /share/MD0_DATA/.qpkg/NzbDrone/NzbDrone/NzbDrone.exe’, CurrentDirectory=’’, Native error= Cannot find the specified file
at System.Diagnostics.Process.Start_noshell (System.Diagnostics.ProcessStartInfo startInfo, System.Diagnostics.Process process) [0x00000] in :0
at System.Diagnostics.Process.Start_common (System.Diagnostics.ProcessStartInfo startInfo, System.Diagnostics.Process process) [0x00000] in :0
at System.Diagnostics.Process.Start () [0x00000] in :0
at (wrapper remoting-invoke-with-check) System.Diagnostics.Process:Start ()
at NzbDrone.Common.Processes.ProcessProvider.Start (System.String path, System.String args, System.Action1 onOutputDataReceived, System.Action1 onErrorDataReceived) [0x00000] in :0
at NzbDrone.Core.Update.InstallUpdateService.InstallUpdate (NzbDrone.Core.Update.UpdatePackage updatePackage) [0x00000] in :0

How can I fix this and update to the new version? The version i’m running at the moment is 2.0.0.2341

I did some more searching and it seems the problem is mono is not on the path.

I’ve fixed this on my qnap by adding mono to the path through optware

Run:

ln -s /usr/local/bin/mono /opt/bin

to create a symbolic link to mono using the optware directory.