Unwanted episodes being tagged

Sonarr version (exact version): 2.0.0.5085
Mono version (if Sonarr is not running on Windows): n/a
Debug logs:
(Make sure debug logging is enabled in settings and post the full log to hastebin/pastebin/dropbox/google drive or something similar, do not post them directly here)
Description of issue:

RSS sync is downloading NZBs for season’s 1-13 of a series that I have season 14 and 15 already. I am not interested in the older episodes, and this started about 2 weeks ago. I keep my downloader on pause, so I can check what’s in the queue before turning it loose, and this is what I have been finding recently. Is this a bad side effect of an update? Until recently, I’ve never had a problem with Sonarr downloading older NZBs

No, that behaviour has always been there, it just depends if those older episodes are ever reposted. The FAQ has some information on how Sonarr finds things to download, in this case, it’s a monitored episode that was reposted so Sonarr grabbed it because that’s what it’s been told to do.

If you don’t want older episodes, you’ll need to unmonitor them, you can use Season Pass to unmonitor multiple series quickly.

1 Like

Interesting. I thought at one point that I could monitor only current season, and that seems to not exist now. Was that an option? Can it be revisited if it’s been removed?

Thanks for the quick response.

There is Latest Season, in most cases that’s the current season, unless a new season was announced before the current season ended (that’s pretty rare), Future Episodes would cover any upcoming episodes.

Looking at the series edit screen, I see monitored, yes or no. No mention of “Latest Season” or “Future Episodes”. Where do I find these options?

Those are options when you add the series. At that time, sonarr can determine what the latest season is or future episodes.

I knew I had seen those options. Any reason why they aren’t available after adding a series, in the edit screen? I deleted and re-added the series, choosing “latest season” to address my issue. Thanks.

Not a dev, but I can speculate… love to do that :grin:

When the series is added, a couple of things happen. One of those is pulling episode information from thetvdb (refreshing series info).
Once that’s done, your choice (all/future/missing/existing/first season/latest season/none) is evaluated against the current time, and based on that the correct seasons/episodes are set in monitored or unmonitored state.

Once the series is added and sonarr is chugging along doing its thing, some of those choices would become difficult to divine what the user expects to happen, or don’t make sense anymore.
E.g. if you could, and set it to “future”. Let’s say an episode airs on Monday but doesn’t become available on your indexers until Wednesday. On Tuesday, sonarr would evaluate “monitor future episodes only” and unmonitor yesterdays’ episode!

The key is that those choices are evaluated once, at the time when you set them. Which is when you add the series in most cases.

However! Super awesome sonarr devs to the rescue!

You can make changes like this from Season Pass (button at the top of your list of series). Here you can select one or more series and choose for example “future” to automagically monitor/unmonitor the correct episodes at that moment and do a one-time fix.
Or click the little flags in front of entire seasons if you want wacky things like only watch season 1, 4 and 5. Endless possibilities!

They’re available on Season Pass, they’re not really a function of editing a series, so not available when editing a single series or via the Series Editor. You can also make individual changes to seasons/episodes on the series details page.

As @Thirrian pointed out those options are evaluated when they are executed, so Future is future from right now, not when the series is added.

I’ll check out season pass and see if that will help me in this case. Thanks for the clarification.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.