UNC Root Missing

3.0.9.1549
Windows 11

I’ve seen some variation of this problem in other posts, but none have helped suggest a solution for my particular version, so hopefully someone can either think of something I haven’t or see the problem :slight_smile:

I run sonarr as a Windows Service, but it runs under my main account (who is also an Administrator). I’m using a UNC path (\WDMYCLOUD\Plex\TV) as the root.

It worked for ages but I haven’t actually downloaded much the last couple of months so I have no idea when this stopped working. Worse, there was a power outage two days ago that knocked out my NAS (An older WDMyCloud) and when the power came back it didn’t power up so I had to unplug & re-plug it an hour or so ago. So, technically, the error was correct until I did that, but it continues to tell me it can’t find the root. I tried removing the root and then tried to re-add it, but now it simply won’t add it.

A sample of the debug log is below. I’ve included the two versions of the error in the log; one happens when it does what I assume is a regular health check, and the other when it attempts to import one of the files that has been downloaded.

Example 1:

2023-01-08 17:29:51.4|Error|FreeSpaceSpecification|Unable to check free disk space while importing.

[v3.0.9.1549] System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException: \\WDMYCLOUD\Plex
   at NzbDrone.Windows.Disk.DiskProvider.GetAvailableSpace(String path) in M:\BuildAgent\work\63739567f01dbcc2\src\NzbDrone.Windows\Disk\DiskProvider.cs:line 36
   at NzbDrone.Core.MediaFiles.EpisodeImport.Specifications.FreeSpaceSpecification.IsSatisfiedBy(LocalEpisode localEpisode, DownloadClientItem downloadClientItem) in M:\BuildAgent\work\63739567f01dbcc2\src\NzbDrone.Core\MediaFiles\EpisodeImport\Specifications\FreeSpaceSpecification.cs:line 42

Example 2:

[v3.0.9.1549] NzbDrone.Core.MediaFiles.EpisodeImport.RootFolderNotFoundException: Root folder '\\WDMYCLOUD\Plex\TV\' was not found.
   at NzbDrone.Core.MediaFiles.EpisodeFileMovingService.EnsureEpisodeFolder(EpisodeFile episodeFile, Series series, Int32 seasonNumber, String filePath) in M:\BuildAgent\work\63739567f01dbcc2\src\NzbDrone.Core\MediaFiles\EpisodeFileMovingService.cs:line 158
   at NzbDrone.Core.MediaFiles.EpisodeFileMovingService.CopyEpisodeFile(EpisodeFile episodeFile, LocalEpisode localEpisode) in M:\BuildAgent\work\63739567f01dbcc2\src\NzbDrone.Core\MediaFiles\EpisodeFileMovingService.cs:line 86
   at NzbDrone.Core.MediaFiles.UpgradeMediaFileService.UpgradeEpisodeFile(EpisodeFile episodeFile, LocalEpisode localEpisode, Boolean copyOnly) in M:\BuildAgent\work\63739567f01dbcc2\src\NzbDrone.Core\MediaFiles\UpgradeMediaFileService.cs:line 73
   at NzbDrone.Core.MediaFiles.EpisodeImport.ImportApprovedEpisodes.Import(List`1 decisions, Boolean newDownload, DownloadClientItem downloadClientItem, ImportMode importMode) in M:\BuildAgent\work\63739567f01dbcc2\src\NzbDrone.Core\MediaFiles\EpisodeImport\ImportApprovedEpisodes.cs:line 109

I’m at a loss about what to try. I’ve rebooted, I’ve restarted the service. I can see the share using the exact same path in Plex and File Explorer. I have no idea why Sonarr can’t see it.

Any ideas?

Seems odd. Only things I can think of:

  • Check the service is set with your credentials properly. Perhaps try removing and re-add them.
  • Check/reapply the permissions to the share
  • Try upgrading to v4 beta

I appreciate the suggestions!

I tried the first one, evening entering invalid credentials just to make sure I got a service start failure because of an invalid login in case it was failing silently. So it’s using the right credentials for sure.

I’m not sure how to change the permissions of the share – I’m pretty sure I only ever added a login and that was it.

Huh. OK, so I may have accidentally fixed it. I changed the password on the WDMyCloud to match my OS user’s password (since the usernames already matched) and now it works. I have no idea why that mattered, they have differed for literally years.

Not going to complain though! That solved it! Thanks @fanboy – if you hadn’t suggested the share permissions, I might not have tried that!