UNC Path not detected

Hi,

Before I get told that Google is my friend, I have spent several hours scouring the internet and trying various methods with no result.

Essentially i simply want Sonarr to download to my library folder on my NAS, which is a mapped drive, I obviously first attempted ‘S:/’ in the beginning but saw many people stating to rather use UNC paths, however, try as I might, the only thing Sonarr detects is my ‘C:/’ - can anyone help me here please???

I am using Sonarr as a service and am adamant I would prefer to do so for my purposes, there is no way this should be the actual culprit, Sonarr is just not able to detect my mapped drive and I have gone through all the settings and forum posts on Synology as well as through every post on Reddit and everything I try doesnt work.

I gather that it is down to the service user running by default as Local System but when I try change the User and restart Sonarr it then gives me a login error and doesnt function.

I’m pulling my hair out here and would really, really appreciate some assistance because clearly I am in far over my head…

If you’re running as local system then you’re running Sonarr v2 which is end of life and not supported for over a year now

Services cannot access mapped drives.

https://wiki.servarr.com/sonarr/faq#why-can-sonarr-not-see-my-files-on-a-remote-server

but when I try change the User and restart Sonarr it then gives me a login error and doesnt function.

What do you mean login error?

Hi,

I just downloaded this morning from Sonarr.tv so I had assumed it was running the latest version?

Thanks, this is where i read that i should be changing the user in order for Sonarr to access my mapped drive, but when I try to do so and save, stop and restart service, it gives me a login error message immediately, not Sonarr, Windows.

I cant seem to find any issue that anyone else has had with this exact problem?

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.