Unavailable Root Folder

Sonarr version (exact version): 3.0.4.1020
Mono version (if Sonarr is not running on Windows):
Debug logs:
Description of issue: Unavailable Root Folder

Up until a week ago, Sonarr has stopped auto/manual importing my downloads from uTorrent. I did some investigating and the root folder where my downloads would land before import was marked as unavailable. So I figure I would just delete the root folder and readd it, but now when I go back to do that, the folder isn’t showing up in the explorer window. It’s showing it as a permission issue, but I’m not sure why. The folder sits on my main drive under my admin user account within the downloads folder. Not sure where to go from here.

https://pastebin.pl/view/bd153225

How are you running Sonarr? If it’s as a Windows service the default user won’t have access to your user folder and you’ll either want to change the user it’s running as or change how it’s running.

As far as I can tell, I have a pretty normal setup. I’m not too savvy on these technical setups I’ve been seeing on this site, but I legit just went to the website, downloaded the windows package, and clicked to have it run as a service. At that point, everything was working fine for years, but I then opted to give v3 a test run a week ago. That and changing SSD drives are the only changes that has happened since then. I cloned my old drive to a new drive, if that makes a difference.

v3 uses a more restricted user for the service by default, you have a few options:

• change the user it runs as to your user
  • don’t run it as a windows service
  • Don’t use your user folder a root folder and make sure LocalService has access (I don’t recommend leaving it as-is and giving it permissions to your files)

Changing the service user is covered in the FAQ: https://github.com/Sonarr/Sonarr/wiki/FAQ#why-cant-sonarr-see-my-files-on-a-remote-server through you can probably find something more detailed through google.

You were absolutely right! I followed the FAQ and it solved my problem!

Thank you Markus!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.