Unable to parse files on import abc.xyz.mkv Full TV Series of files

Sonarr version (exact version): 3.1.1 [99b5a00]
Mono version (if Sonarr is not running on Windows):
Debug logs: https://paste.ubuntu.com/p/3xgwGxnsWp/
Description of issue: I downloaded a full series of the TV Show Community S01-06 and all the movie files are named in format like ABC.XYZ.RANDOMCHARS.MKV. Some of these files have the Episode titles correct in metadata as you can see in this screenshot below. Some do not. How can I get sonarr to be able to parse these files to import? Because they are random names, they look at the folder title and they attribute each episode to be EVERY episode of S01 as in the second screenshot I will paste below. Is there a fix or setting tweak I can make to allow these to import? Renaming manually looks pretty tedious!

I tested the files they are not samples, they all check out and work as you would expect in plex or VLC.

I enabled debugging before copying/pasting, but not before I downloaded the series. Let me know if I’m supposed to download while debugging is on if I did it wrong. Thanks for your insight!

That’s not a valid Sonarr version. What is the actual version from System: Info?

Those look to be obfuscated release names inside of a full series release, Sonarr does not support full series releases or obfuscated release names inside a season/series release pack.

There may be a script to rename them, but otherwise manually renaming or mapping via manual import is the only way.

haha, i have no idea what’s wrong with me. i copy/pasted my SABNZBD version, sorry. 3.0.4.1055 is the correct version as of this morning.

Will sonarr eventually be able to handle obfuscated release names inside of full series releases? That would be cool!

We don’t have any plans to support that.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.