Unable to install Sonarr

Sonarr version (exact version): latest
Mono version (if Sonarr is not running on Windows):
Debug logs:
Description of issue:

I try to install sonarr using the method described here : Sonarr - Dive in
at step : Add the Sonarr repository, I have the following error message when copy pasting the three commands.

sudo gpg --keyserver hkp://keyserver.ubuntu.com:80 --no-default-keyring --keyring /usr/share/keyrings/sonarr.gpg --recv-keys 2009837CBFFD68F45BC180471F4F90DE2A9B4BF8
echo “deb [signed-by=/usr/share/keyrings/sonarr.gpg] Index of /ubuntu/ focal main” | sudo tee /etc/apt/sources.list.d/sonarr.list
sudo apt update
gpg: failed to create temporary file ‘/root/.gnupg/.#lk0x000055c49ffd60b0.Prod.20039’: No such file or directory
gpg: connecting dirmngr at ‘/root/.gnupg/S.dirmngr’ failed: No such file or directory
gpg: keyserver receive failed: No dirmngr
deb [signed-by=/usr/share/keyrings/sonarr.gpg] Index of /ubuntu/ focal main
Hit:1 Index of /ubuntu jammy InRelease
Hit:2 Index of /ubuntu jammy-updates InRelease
Hit:3 Index of /ubuntu jammy-backports InRelease
Get:5 Index of /ubuntu/ focal InRelease [17.6 kB]
Err:5 Index of /ubuntu/ focal InRelease
The following signatures couldn’t be verified because the public key is not available: NO_PUBKEY EBFF6B99D9B78493 NO_PUBKEY 1F4F90DE2A9B4BF8
Reading package lists… Done
W: GPG error: Index of /ubuntu/ focal InRelease: The following signatures couldn’t be verified because the public key is not available: NO_PUBKEY EBFF6B99D9B78493 NO_PUBKEY 1F4F90DE2A9B4BF8
E: The repository ‘Index of /ubuntu/ focal InRelease’ is not signed.
N: Updating from such a repository can’t be done securely, and is therefore disabled by default.
N: See apt-secure(8) manpage for repository creation and user configuration details.
root@Prod:~#

Having a similiar issue. When trying to add the key it hangs and never returns.

Based on the error it appears the .gnupg folder may be missing from /root.

Try running this command and see if the folder is there (first line is command and second line is output)…

sudo ls -al /root | grep gnu
drwx------  3 root root   4096 Aug 12  2019 .gnupg

If it is missing try seeing if the package is installed on your system…

sudo apt list gnupg
Listing... Done
gnupg/focal-updates,focal-updates,focal-security,focal-security,now 2.2.19-3ubuntu2.2 all [installed]

The other thing you could do is run everything in Docker. I switched to Docker several years ago and have been running trouble-free for a long time. It does simplify many things. Here are what containers I am running on my media server which is also running Ubuntu like you…

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.