Unable to find anime on Nyaa.se

Sonarr version (exact version): 20170106-9 (latest from SynoCommunity)
Mono version (if Sonarr is not running on Windows): 4.6.2.7-8 (latest from SynoCommunity Beta)
Debug logs: http://pastebin.com/W0cfNTkD
Description of issue:

Hi!

Sorry in advance as this seems to be a recurrent topic but since I’ve spent a few hours searching the internets for an answer and couldn’t find a solution…here goes :slight_smile:

So I’m trying to add my anime collection to Sonarr to then download missing/future episodes using Nyaa.se

• I’ve installed Sonarr on my Synology using the latest package from the community (and mono too).
  • Indexers: I only have “Nyaa.se”
  • Download clients: I only have “Torrent BlackHole”

However, it never seems to search using the anime’s japanese name: it only uses the english name and can’t find episodes. From what I gathered from the following post, it should be working :

I’ve tried to reproduce what was done on this post since it was working for him.

• I’ve added the series “Myriad Colors Phantom World” to my list (I didn’t have this serie on my disk)
  • launched a manual/auto search
  • it can’t find anything (see debug log here)

But then if I search using the japanese name, we have results:
https://www.nyaa.se/?page=search&cats=1_37&filter=0&term=Musaigen+no+Phantom+World+HorribleSubs+1080p

Notes:

• I’ve tried with and without having restriction tags to only have the HorribleSubs releases
  • I’ve tried using different profiles
  • All the series I’ve tested had the “Anime” Tag

The only series that are working are the ones with an english name (like “Log Horizon”).

So should this be working or did I misunderstood something ? :slight_smile:

Thanks for your help!

So right after making this post, I checked again … and it started to work :confused:

It seems that the search will not work until you can see the serie’s name in the tag list:

I guess some background process that does the name association needs to be done before the search can be used.

So if the search fails and the tags are missing, just wait a bit (a few minutes for me, maybe the issue comes from the fact that the Synology DSM are a bit slow compared to a regular machine) and try again once they’re there.

Hope it will help others!

Cheers!

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.