Unable to download torrent files through torcache

Please use hastebin for logs instead of posting them inline as the formatting gets mangled.

Please hastebin trace logs of this issue so we can look into it further.

We also need to know which version of Sonarr, which OS, which version of mono (if applicable) and the download client you are using.

Hi,

The hastebin is here: http://hastebin.com/gohajahoka.tex

Sonarr version is 2.0.0.3463 develop branch, Windows 7, Blackhole for my download client

I have the same setup (Win 7 / blackhole) as jiggsaw except I am using version 2.0.0.3357. I’ll try to get logs up when I get home.

2.0.0.3463, Windows 10, Blackhole, and the same for me. Rarbg has never worked, and suddenly everything stopped working today. Edit: I just noticed that KAT is returning that every torrent has 0 seeders. So KAT returns 0 seeders regardless of torrent, leading to Sonarr failing to download the torrent (even in manual search). Rarbg returns showing seeders, but Sonarr fails to download the torrent (even in manual search).

Sonarr Ver. 2.0.0.3357, Ubuntu 14.04, and rutorrent.
Using KickAss and ThePirateBay (via Jackett) as indexers.
Strangely enough, this worked several days ago and then suddenly stopped. I’m also suddenly having issues with CouchPotato (I use the same providers for it as well). I’m wondering if maybe something to do with torcache has changed?

Here are some of the errors showing up:

Couldn't add report to download queue. Fear.The.Walking.Dead.S01E01.HDTV.x264-KILLERS.[VTV].mp4: Downloading torrent failed

Exception
NzbDrone.Core.Exceptions.ReleaseDownloadException: Downloading torrent failed
  at NzbDrone.Core.Download.TorrentClientBase`1[NzbDrone.Core.Download.Clients.RTorrent.RTorrentSettings].Download (NzbDrone.Core.Parser.Model.RemoteEpisode remoteEpisode) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at NzbDrone.Core.Download.DownloadService.DownloadReport (NzbDrone.Core.Parser.Model.RemoteEpisode remoteEpisode) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at NzbDrone.Core.Download.ProcessDownloadDecisions.ProcessDecisions (System.Collections.Generic.List`1 decisions) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
RTorrent did not return the expected InfoHash for 'magnet:?xt=urn:btih:57c0835c079be9e6802b6e6d5ed1fe1fa5a95178&dn=Fear.The.Walking.Dead.S01E01.HDTV.x264-KILLERS.[VTV].mp4&tr=udp:%2F%2Ftracker.openbittorrent.com:80&tr=udp:%2F%2Fopen.demonii.com:1337&tr=udp:%2F%2Ftracker.coppersurfer.tk:6969&tr=udp:%2F%2Fexodus.desync.com:6969', Sonarr could potentially lose track of the download in progress.

Here is my hastebin with trace logs enabled: http://hastebin.com/abudikigak.tex

So I’ve solved the CouchPotato bug. I’m not 100% sure if it relates here but I have a hunch that it might.

Issue:
torcache.net has a “Your download is about to start” timer before it actually grabs the file for you. So what happens is that the html content is downloaded instead. Then bdecode runs against it and it fails.

Solution:
Wherever the code for opening the url is at, you need to set the Referer to https://torcache.net/ because torcache.net basically says “if my referer is that, don’t make me wait”.

I was able to make that change on my CouchPotato and it worked. But I don’t have access to the Sonarr code on my seedbox (I think it is installed for all users so I don’t have it under my home) so I can’t try to make the patch myself.

Hopefully this helps whoever might be working on this issue.

1 Like

I confirm the same thing in the Windows version, torcache returns an error page when directly loaded, but this wouldn’t explain Rarbg. They don’t use torcache.

Here are my logs after doing a manual search for a single episode. The search is successful and brings up lots of potential torrents with plenty of peers/seeders but fails when I try to download any from any indexer.

http://hastebin.com/oqebodetuk.tex

I can confirm the same problem. I’m also running 3357 on Ubuntu 14.0.4 and qbittorrent. Downloads are not working. I’m getting errors like this:

Downloading torrentfile for episode ‘Big Brother US S17E31 HDTV x264-FUM[ettv]’ failed (http://torcache.net/torrent/DC5DDCE86D6A824EFFF89BC07B22C5F455D9DD81.torrent?title=[kat.cr]big.brother.us.s17e31.hdtv.x264.fum.ettv): The request timed out

This one happened to be from kickass obviously, but the other indexers (e.g. rarbg) are not working either.

I can ping torcache.net from the host. And I can grab the file with a wget from the command line.

Sonarr Status page now displays an error warning. “Indexers unavailable due to failures: Rarbg”

EDIT: This is two different problems. Torrentapi.org is returning an invalid token when redirecting to rarbg. Other people are reporting the same problem over at CouchPotato. FYI: there are a LOT of people reporting the torcache problem on forums for everything from uTorrent to SickRageTV.

I’m having the same exact issue as well.

We’ve reached out to torcache to see if they have a solution to this problem or if we need to do something on our end.

You should just need to set the referer to ‘https://torcache.net/’.

Any update here?

Same here when try to manually search it returns in log: Request Failed: Invalid torrent file specified.

Here is my log:

Is this just a thing a few of us are finding, or a massive sonarr comunity problem?

Anyone who uses any of the indexers that use torcache will have this problem, which is a lot of them.
Some of the private indexers (require user account) don’t use torcache and thus they work fine currently.

I have a friend that is having no problems downloading using kickasstorrent (that uses torcache, I think) on Sonarr/Windows/uTorrent. KAT is his only indexer.

Hmm, in that situation, I’m guessing it just loads a magnet directly into uTorrent which should work fine. The issue comes when it has to download a .torrent file which comes from torcache.

You are right. I have installed Transmission in my Synology box and now I can download. I was using the Synology downloader as blackhole (I still prefer it).

Thanks!