Unable to connect to uTorrent, please check your settings


#1

Sonarr version (exact version): 2.0.0.4949
Mono version (if Sonarr is not running on Windows):
OS: Win 10 Home
((Debug logs)): https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B7TRmYOxpodfTmZaMHhLSnhiNlk https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B7TRmYOxpodfYThFay13alFvNTA
(Make sure debug logging is enabled in settings and post the full log to hastebin/pastebin/dropbox/google drive or something similar, do not post them directly here)
Description of issue: Everything worked like a charm until a few days ago when I got an error message saying sonarr cannot connect to uTorrent (which is my only Download Client). I deleted uTorrent from sonarr and tried adding it again but this is the error I get:

Here are my uTorrent settings:

I tried adding qBitorrent but got same results. Links to logs are included above.
Any idea what might be causing this?


#2

Sonarr uTorrent port is set to 1688 but you have not changed the uTorrent alternative listening port to 1688 from the default 8080.
Perhaps you upgraded uTorrent and the setting reverted to the default?


#3

Hi TinkerToy

and thanks for the suggestion.
I changed the port as well but unfortunately, that’s not it.
Any other ideas?

Thanks in advance!


#4

Hey Guys!
The problem is still occurring.
Does anyone has any ideas on what’s wrong?
Am I the only one having this issue?

All the best,
sirkk


#5

Please post fresh ((debug logs)) that include the error connecting to uTorrent.


#6

Thanks for your interest in this case. Please find the debug logs here: https://pastebin.com/u7HLpXQY


#7

Which version of uTorrent are you running?
If you open localhost:1688 in your browser from the same system running Sonarr what do you see?


#8

I’m running uTorrent 3.5 (build 43916).
Going to localhost:1688 gets me nowhere (nothing loads).


#9

Sounds like the uTorrent WebUI is not actually running on that port then. If you enable the alternative listening port and set it to 8080 does http://localhost:8080 load?


#10

Hi markus101,

I’m not sure what was the real problem but I’ve:

  1. reinstalled uTorrent
  2. changed the port uTorrent was using in the router
  3. disabled Windows firewall and then enabled it
  4. set my PC’s IP as DMZ in the router
  5. set-up port forwarding again.

I’m not sure which step solved the problem but now everything works like it used to.

Thanks for your support and for suggesting port-related problems.


#11

Hi I was having a similar (well the same actually) problem and did some digging around on the uTorrent forums. The solution that worked for me was simple - delete (or remove blocked) cookies for the localhost. This cleared up the problem for me.


#12

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.