"Unable to connect to remote server" since new server last month

Been apparently having this issue since the servers were changed last month. Didn’t notice since my shows kept downloading. Anyway, haven’t been able to get updates, add new shows, etc. Here is the most recent log file with the error. I have already temporarily disabled both my anti-virus and firewall to see if either of those might be blocking, but they weren’t. Also, reset router back to factory settings just in case it had anything to do with my issue. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. TIA

System.Net.WebException: Unable to connect to the remote server —> System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: An attempt was made to access a socket in a way forbidden by its access permissions 91.121.43.180:80
at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.DoConnect(EndPoint endPointSnapshot, SocketAddress socketAddress)
at System.Net.ServicePoint.ConnectSocketInternal(Boolean connectFailure, Socket s4, Socket s6, Socket& socket, IPAddress& address, ConnectSocketState state, IAsyncResult asyncResult, Exception& exception)
— End of inner exception stack trace —
at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetResponse()
at NzbDrone.Common.Http.Dispatchers.ManagedHttpDispatcher.GetResponse(HttpRequest request, CookieContainer cookies) in m:\BuildAgent\work\6c3239faf2b92630\src\NzbDrone.Common\Http\Dispatchers\ManagedHttpDispatcher.cs:line 54
at NzbDrone.Common.Http.Dispatchers.FallbackHttpDispatcher.GetResponse(HttpRequest request, CookieContainer cookies) in m:\BuildAgent\work\6c3239faf2b92630\src\NzbDrone.Common\Http\Dispatchers\FallbackHttpDispatcher.cs:line 57
at NzbDrone.Common.Http.HttpClient.Execute(HttpRequest request) in m:\BuildAgent\work\6c3239faf2b92630\src\NzbDrone.Common\Http\HttpClient.cs:line 70
at NzbDrone.Common.Http.HttpClient.Get[T](HttpRequest request) in m:\BuildAgent\work\6c3239faf2b92630\src\NzbDrone.Common\Http\HttpClient.cs:line 193
at NzbDrone.Core.Update.UpdatePackageProvider.GetLatestUpdate(String branch, Version currentVersion) in m:\BuildAgent\work\6c3239faf2b92630\src\NzbDrone.Core\Update\UpdatePackageProvider.cs:line 33
at NzbDrone.Core.Update.CheckUpdateService.AvailableUpdate() in m:\BuildAgent\work\6c3239faf2b92630\src\NzbDrone.Core\Update\UpdateCheckService.cs:line 34
at NzbDrone.Core.Update.InstallUpdateService.Execute(ApplicationUpdateCommand message) in m:\BuildAgent\work\6c3239faf2b92630\src\NzbDrone.Core\Update\InstallUpdateService.cs:line 190
at NzbDrone.Core.Messaging.Commands.CommandExecutor.ExecuteCommand[TCommand](TCommand command, CommandModel commandModel) in m:\BuildAgent\work\6c3239faf2b92630\src\NzbDrone.Core\Messaging\Commands\CommandExecutor.cs:line 91
at CallSite.Target(Closure , CallSite , CommandExecutor , Object , CommandModel )
at System.Dynamic.UpdateDelegates.UpdateAndExecuteVoid3[T0,T1,T2](CallSite site, T0 arg0, T1 arg1, T2 arg2)
at CallSite.Target(Closure , CallSite , CommandExecutor , Object , CommandModel )
at NzbDrone.Core.Messaging.Commands.CommandExecutor.ExecuteCommands() in m:\BuildAgent\work\6c3239faf2b92630\src\NzbDrone.Core\Messaging\Commands\CommandExecutor.cs:line 41

These forums run on the same server with the same IP, are you accessing them from the the same system?

Are you able to connect to http://skyhook.sonarr.tv/v1/tvdb/shows/en/79488 using internet explorer?
Are you using a VPN?

yes, same system that is getting the error is the same one I am using to post with. This is a dedicated HTPC so only real thing that “should” have changed in the past few months on my end are windows updates.

No, I cant get to your link through IE: This page cannot be displayed. No VPN.

I was actually going to try reinstallimg prior to my post but couldn’t even access the page to download the Windows install.

Also, I attributed to the new servers because of the IP listed in the error as well as the date stamp of my last update that was logged was 11/16. So, while not 100% certain its not tied up somehow with the server change it is a front runner for the root cause IMO

Can you open the link in another browser?
Is there a proxy set in internet explorer?

The IP is listed in the error because its failing to connect to that IP, but the error is happen on your system as its not timing out. Similar errors point this to be the fault of a firewall product, but it could very well be something else, possibly malware (definitely worth scanning your system to be sure).

Are you able to connect to either of these addresses in IE/another browser?

https://services-bhs.sonarr.tv/
https://services.sonarr.tv/

Thanks Markus101 for your quick responses. I have tried the original link in Chrome and I fail to open there either. No proxy setup in IE.

The first recent link,https://services-bhs.sonarr.tv/, opens with only an IP of “1.0.116.0” on the page. The second link fails for me like the original with “Unable to Access Network”

I have also scanned for malware, which I try to do pretty regularly anyway, but did not find any threats.

Could you PM the results from running tracert services.sonarr.tv and ping services.sonarr.tv?

just sent PM with failure details

Thanks for the PM, tracert can expose some networking information so I wanted to be sure it didn’t have anything there, but there is nothing, so for the benefit of anyone else reading this, I’ll quote it here:

Microsoft Windows Version 6.3.9600 2013 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

C:\Users\Heather>ping services.sonarr.tv

Pinging fw.sonarr.tv [91.121.43.180] with 32 bytes of data:
General failure.
General failure.
General failure.
General failure.

Ping statistics for 91.121.43.180:
Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 0, Lost = 4 (100% loss),

C:\Users\Heather>tracert services.sonarr.tv

Tracing route to fw.sonarr.tv [91.121.43.180]
over a maximum of 30 hops:

1 General failure.

Trace complete.

Interesting error message, something is blocking it on your system immediately, this superuser response has some suggestions, but it definitely looks like a firewall of some sort:

sorry, was out of town for a few days for the holidays. Your link set me straight. My issue was my Peerblock was blocking access to the new server. I disabled it and am now able to download the latest Sonarr update. Idiot for not trying that before, but friend who got me onto HTPC and has the same setup said he had no issues. Still should have done my troubleshooting there. Thanks for your help! You are awesome

1 Like

Awesome! Glad it was something simple, just took us a while to get there. Happy holidays!

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.