Unable to access to Synology Download Station

Sonarr version (exact version): 2.0.0.5228
Mono version (if Sonarr is not running on Windows): 5.8.0.108
Debug logs: http://pasted.co/29c0f457
Description of issue: I have a Synology NAS on which I install the Sonarr package. I would like to use Download Station but I get the error message follow “Failed to get the list of torrents: Failed to login. Reason: Permission denied”. What I don’t understand is that I install this same NAS at my Father’s and everything works. Thank you in advance for your help

Hi,

A little help ? Thanks.

Nemrod

Hi,

Six days since my first post, no one own a Synology or there isn’t any support for the Synology version ?

KS

In another message I was asked to create a new subject, but without an answer it seems that it is just to bury the subject :zipper_mouth_face:

download station is probably running as the admin user, sonarr is probably running as the sonarr user (or did you change that?)

you most likely have to give the sonarr user access to download station

control panel
user
click on the sonarr user
edit
applications
find download station and make sure allow is ticked

note i dont use download station so double check there are no access settings in there as well

i just enabled download station and there doesnt seem to be anything in there, so what username have you set in sonarr for download station? admin or sonarr or something else?

whatever it is, thats the user you need to check has been granted access to download station in control panel

Thanks a lot for your answer :slight_smile:

In DSM, Sonar use a group named sc-download, it as access to :

• Shared folder : DS download folder and TV Shows folder
  • Application : DS & Sonarr

ok, what user account is sonarr running as?
is it actually a member of the sc-download group?
does that username match what you put into the download client tab in soanrr for download station?

In sc-download, there are 2 users, my user and Sonarr user. Both have permission to shared folders & applications.

I’m using DS while logged with my user.

It’s working for my father without joining anything special :

Hi,

I try withe the Sonarr user, same permission problem.

Hi,

Is there any support in these forum ?

If someone can help they’ll respond, but you’re running into a rather obscure issue with permissions related to your setup and Download Station, which is not as popular as other clients in our experience.

Not sure if there is any logging on the Synology side that indicates what the underlying problem might be, could be permissions on the file system or something else.

I created a dedicated topic because I was asked to, which is a good idea, but I was expecting official support in the first place. Whatever it is, it doesn’t matter, any help is welcome.

Two NAS, same DSM, same package, the permissions are different, I even tried a new install of the package.

I wasn’t able to find a log with such the answer.

Here is what I found :slight_smile:
Information,Système,2018/05/24 17:12:35,KeizerSauze,The app privilege on app [SYNO.SDS.App.FileStation3.Instance] for user [Sonarr] was set to [allow] from [all IPs].
Information,Système,2018/05/24 17:09:06,KeizerSauze,The app privilege on app [SYNO.SDS.DownloadStation.Application] for user [Sonarr] was set to [allow] from [all IPs].
Information,Système,2018/05/24 17:09:06,KeizerSauze,The app privilege on app [com.synocommunity.packages.nzbdrone] for user [Sonarr] was set to [allow] from [all IPs].
Information,Système,2018/05/24 17:09:05,KeizerSauze,The app privilege on app [SYNO.SDS.AudioStation.Application] for user [Sonarr] was removed.
Information,Système,2018/05/24 17:09:05,KeizerSauze,The app privilege on app [SYNO.Desktop] for user [Sonarr] was removed.
Information,Système,2018/05/24 17:09:05,KeizerSauze,The app privilege on app [SYNO.SDS.DSCloudSync.Instance] for user [Sonarr] was removed.
Information,Système,2018/05/24 17:09:05,KeizerSauze,The app privilege on app [SYNO.SDS.CSTN.Instance] for user [Sonarr] was removed.
Information,Système,2018/05/24 17:09:05,KeizerSauze,The app privilege on app [SYNO.SDS.App.FileStation3.Instance] for user [Sonarr] was removed.
Information,Système,2018/05/24 17:09:05,KeizerSauze,The app privilege on app [SYNO.FTP] for user [Sonarr] was removed.
Information,Système,2018/05/24 17:09:05,KeizerSauze,The app privilege on app [SYNO.Finder.Application] for user [Sonarr] was removed.
Information,Système,2018/05/24 17:09:05,KeizerSauze,The app privilege on app [SYNO.Rsync] for user [Sonarr] was removed.
Information,Système,2018/05/24 17:08:58,KeizerSauze,User [Sonarr] was added to the group [sc-download].
Information,Système,2018/05/24 17:08:56,KeizerSauze,User [Sonarr] was created.
Information,Système,2018/05/24 11:53:05,KeizerSauze,Package [Sonarr] has been successfully installed.

Is there any official support ?

Official in what sense?

Like I said, we answer what we can, but we can’t answer everything…

those logs appear to show Sonarr being installed to run as the “sonarr” user (default for that package install), yet your previous screenshot shows no user named sonarr

not really sure how sonarr is able to run like that, it should fail to start

it should only be able to run if you changed the /var/packages/nzbdrone/scripts/start-stop-status file and set the USERNAME in there to be “Touques”, or “plex”, as those are your only active user accounts, or “root”

What is official support ? It is support by the official support team, except if on release, DSM for instance, is made by another team.

I agree, and on my father NAS, same DSM release and Sonarr, release, it is working, without Sonarr user.

its working on a vast number of other Syno NASs so the issue is in all likelyhood with your config.

if its working on your fathers NAS then go through both DSMs and compare the users, permissions, firewall, and sonarr options to ensure they are actually the same.

you may also want to see if you can find the logs for downloadstation as they may have more information in them about why the account cannot login