Two instances on Windows 10?

3.0.6.1265:
Windows 10 Pro x64
I wish to run two instances of Sonarr in order to get separate files for 1080p and 4K HDR releases:

I searched and it appears it’s doable but I installed the version I’m using now through the regular downloaded installer, so I don’t have a clue about how to install a second service with a different data path.

I’d be thankful for any help. Thanks in advance.

Edit the existing service to ensure it has a /data argument then duplicate it

Or just run two tray apps both with two different /data arguments

How does one “duplicate” a service?
Adding the /data argument, I think I can do by stopping the service and editing the Start Parameters.

But I have no idea about how to duplicate it.

for radarr; but same concept

• You must have NSSM (Non-Sucking Service Manager) installed. To install, download the latest release (2.24 at the time of writing) and copy either the 32-bit or 64-bit nssm.exe file to C:/windows/system32. (If you aren’t sure if you have a 32-bit or 64-bit system, check Settings > System > About > System type.)

Configuring Radarr

1. Open a Command Prompt administrator window. (To run as an admin, right click on the Command Prompt icon and choose “Run as administrator.”)
  2. If Radarr is running, stop the service by running nssm stop Radarr in Command Prompt.
  3. Now we have to edit the existing Radarr instance to explicitly point to its data directory. The default command is as follows:sc config Radarr binpath= "C:\ProgramData\Radarr\bin\Radarr.exe -data=C:\ProgramData\Radarr"

This command tells the original instance of Radarr to explicitly use C:\ProgramData\Radarr for its data directory. If you didn’t use the default Radarr install, or if your data folder is somewhere else, you may have to change your paths here.

Creating Radarr-4K

1. Create a new folder where you’d like Radarr-4K to live. I prefer all my instances in the same place, so my new folder is C:\ProgramData\Radarr-4K .
  2. Back in Command Prompt, create the new Radarr-4K service using nssm install Radarr-4K. A popup window will open where you can type your parameters for the new instance. For this example, we will use the following:
  • Path: C:\ProgramData\Radarr\bin\Radarr.exe
  • Startup directory: C:\ProgramData\Radarr\bin
  • Arguments: -data=C:\ProgramData\Radarr-4K

Note that Arguments points to the new folder created in step 4. This is crucial, as it keeps all the data files from both instances in separate locations.

1. Click Install service. The window should close and the service will now be available to run.
1 Like

It’s funny because when I wrote “how can you duplicate a service?”, I thought about adding “NSSM is the only way I know of that gives you that sort of control”.

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction. I’ll give it a try.

Thanks @bakerboy448 I’ve got it working. :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.