TVDB,Trak,IMDB,TV Maze

Are we still looking into being able to edit and add our own series and not rely only on the above sites.
A good example is Ancient Aliens. I know everyone has heard it a dozen times but TVDB has skipped season 9 and 10. When you try to add those seasons in, you get nothing. Sonarr does not recognize it and will not track it. I can’t help it but if Sonarr Team could do this, we would be the best and not be subject to others. I am a member of Trak but it load from TVDB first and won’t get past that. In the past, I have been able to find and save several items but when we lost the lister that one time, we lost several series that are not picked up by another lister. Editing and adding our own personal series or editing an existing one would be the crowning jewel.

I still believe that if we allowed a shell app like VLC or Win 10 Media Player to be able to play the show, we would be in the next level. I like Plex and have a lifetime subscription but I prefer going thru Sonarr.

I have a workaround but it copies the file in the temp area before it plays, I would like to play the video when I click into it. Please markus look into that, I don’t come on often but I love the program and support the work.

The reason for the “skip” is in the attached thread…
https://forums.thetvdb.com/viewtopic.php?t=31914

You should correct this with mapping on…
http://thexem.de/xem/show/1932

Then Sonarr will deal with it correctly.

I understand the problem with the Series but it is one that I can use as a reference.
Anytime Sonarr starts up. It looks at TVDB only. Traks has it right and so the thexem.de

The thing I am asking in one part is. Can we have in the settings area. A place to PUT in the various database settings for the TV Series like TVDB Traks thexem.de IMDB. Is that too hard, I have gotten updates showing that we had to correct a db link that had gone away. I know it something more to ask but it seems reasonable.

Soon we may have to have a part the scrambles the file name and reference if things don’t chill out.

The other thing that would be great is the ranking of Indexers or allowing us to add the limits imposed upon us by those indexers. When I do an update, Sonarr pops all indexers for a search request or an API Hit. Unlike some people, I only subscribe to 2 indexers full time but some of the others have files but only allow so many request per hour and per day. I think if we were able to set some limits, then the indexers would not be swamped with unnecessary denials and we would get a better hand on the situation, It would allow us not burn up bandwith and promote a better place.

If that is too much, I would love a way to become a private indexer but I don’t know how and I just don’t have the love to make a box to perform that task. All the indexers I am on say it costs a lot of money and time. If I was doing that, I would ask for donations also but the opens another box of worms.

The other part I forgot to mention why is this.
Sonarr sends out a API or search request to an indexer in your settings. If it has no results, it moves to the next.
With that thought, I had placed my Primary Indexer first and my Secondary Indexer second, with all other indexers after that in the order of their limits. It sounds like a smart way to do things but Sonarr does not always follow that rule. That is why I ask for this request. Is there anyone else that like this. Please as a reply giving support.
Thanks

That is not something we’ve ever considered.

We have no plans to implement a player or the ability to open a local application from Sonarr it’d require plugins and if Sonarr and the browser weren’t on the same machine Sonarr would need to server the video files itself. It’d be a giant can of worms.

It’s a lot more complicated than an option in the settings somewhere, we have some ideas on how we could add some of this functionality, but it’s not a short term thing, if ever.

?

I’m not sure why you mention that here, it really has nothing to do with your original point, but we have no plans to add limits to indexers, we recommend two indexers, if you want/need more, don’t rely on free indexers. Prioritizing grabs from one indexer over another is something we’re considering.

The bandwidth to reject Sonarr periodically is low (and Sonarr automatically skips indexers that tell Sonarr not to try again for a period of time or reports an error). Plus if they’re a valuable resource, donate, running an indexer is time consuming and not free.

It doesn’t, Sonarr tries all indexers at the same time, if it searched one at a time a single slow indexer would ruin the process for all searches.

[quote=“Lawrence_Guillot, post:4, topic:15769”]
With that thought, I had placed my Primary Indexer first and my Secondary Indexer second, with all other indexers after that in the order of their limits. It sounds like a smart way to do things but Sonarr does not always follow that rule.

Order in the UI is irrelevant

And there is some of the problem. I subscribe to 4 indexers. Each with their own limits., but since indexers and listers are moving and having an issue with legality. We must be able to move too.
I like to use some indexers that allow free use but with tight limits.

I have gone thru my entire collection AGAIN. What I found out was shocking and is raising another set of concerns.

I have found multiple copies of series that were recognized by Sonarr at one time but now due to a refresh using TVDB or whatever is the only indexer, I have lost and scrambled a lot of file order.
So now I have redone my system and increased the drive size. I am going thru each one and ensuring a metadata file is accurate and correct for each series. Never had to before but, like I said. Things are moving around and changing.

I missed your reply on one thing.
No they are not free and I am a member of 4 indexers.

Just for your checking then. If you drill down to the path and file name. Then you right click on it you get Copy, Print, Inspect. Is there a simple way ti make the context menu there say Play. Using the default player in our system. Simple as that. I can use the copy feature and place it in the search bar then play.
BTW. Sonarr and Plex are on a server and I connect with the browser from another system.
It works the same. I paste the Path and file name into the browser search bar. I plays on whatever system I am on. Try it.

Not without a browser plugin.

If the path is accessible via that exact path, yes, but if the files were on C:\ on one PC you couldn’t do that though.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.