Turn off auto update

I really wish it was possible to turn off auto update. Maybe I’m paranoid, but if “someone” gets a court order to take over your servers or they are just hacked and the content is replaced with something malicious it will be a disaster. I have blocked download.sonarr.tv in the hosts file. Is that sufficient?

1 Like

then they become legally responsible for any and all changes to your system after that date, not you.

well that applies to anything so you’d need to be way more clearer about your issue

whats getting auto updated that shouldnt?

if you mean content then just click on the unmonitor icons next to the episode, season, or series, once you have what you need and sonarr will never try to download it after that.

I mean the Sonarr software itself.

1 Like

thats not on by default as far as im aware, or i turned if off so long ago that i dont remember anymore as its never once auto updated since i’ve had it

i’m using v3 now but it would be in v2 as well

settings > general > updates > automatic = untick this if you previously ticked it

if you cant see that option make sure that advanced options is enabled (its at the top of the page)

There is no such setting in the Windows version. I tried enabling advanced.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.