Transmission not removing completed items

Sonarr version (exact version): In Docker, currently I’m unavailable at my computer so I can’t see version
Mono version (if Sonarr is not running on Windows): In Docker, currently I’m unavailable at my computer so I can’t see version
Debug logs:
Description of issue:

I have a problem when using Sonarr and Transmission and deleting completed files.

I’m using Transmission GUI, not CLI/daemon version.

File download runs smoothly, both automatically and manually. With Sonarr I also use Radarr, so in the download client settings I have Category field set for Sonarr. Remote path mappings are set correctly because otherwise files would not be copied from download folder to Sonarr library folder.

But the problem occurs when the download is completed and when after certain preferences are applied I want the downloaded file to be deleted. Completed Download Handling settings are activated in Sonarr, and in Transmission I have option to stop seeding after a certain ratio has been reached or after 30 minutes of inactivity. Downloaded file is not deleted but stays in download folder and is still visible in Transmission download list.

It seems to me this has been happening for a while, but only ocassionaly. I do not know where to start to find a solution. Occasionally, in Transmission I get error “too many open files” for which I think is related to this problem.

Is this related to Docker and host usage? Should I try Transmission CLI instead of GUI version? Maybe Transmission in Docker? Would it be good to switch Sonarr to the host and use it directly from macOS? Is there some setting I’m missing? Is this maybe related to the macOS itself?

I am having the same issue as you for some months. I am using Coutchpotato with Transmission too but that works perfectly.

Sonarr: 2.0.0.5252
Transmission: 2.92 (14714)

Sonarr is only going to remove torrents from Transmission when:

• The seed ratio meets or exceeds the seed ratio limit set for the torrent
  • The torrent is paused/stopped (graphically it’ll show paused, internally it’s stopped)

If seeding goals are not set for the torrent then it’ll never be removed automatically. You can have Sonarr set seeding goals automatically when adding the torrent via settings for each indexer.

@markus101 unfortunately, this doesn’t work. I’ve set the same settings in indexer as in Transmission, although it says “default is download client’s default” and it still doesn’t remove torrent from list. I’ve attached the screenshot of Transmission list; torrents are set to be “completed” after 0.1 ratio or after 30 minutes of inactivity.

What’s interesting is that that same file isn’t inside downloads directory but it’s inside library directory, which means that it is actually removed from downloads, copied to library directory, but it’s not removed from Transmission list. Does Sonarr handle situations like this?

Do you have Remove Completed Downloads enabled?

Sounds like Sonarr moved it, instead of copying it, so it say that it was removable, but didn’t remove it.

@markus101 In Sonarr, I have

• “Completed Download Handling > Enable” set to “Yes”
  • “Completed Download Handling > Remove” set to “Yes”
  • “Importing > Use Hardlinks instead of Copy” set to “No”

Do I need to have something else set in Transmission/Sonarr?

No, that should do it.

You’d need to check debug or trace logs to ensure Sonarr made the request to delete the download to Transmission. Not 100% sure what Sonarr will log.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.