Torznab missing as download client

About a week or so ago I installed Jacket and setup several download clients using torznab.
I noticed a notification on the Systems icon and when checking it stated the donloaders were not available.
When going to settings - download clients I found that none of the ones setup with torznab were listed any longer. Go to add them again and now torznab is no longer listed.
Does anyone know why the torznab option is no longer available for use?
Did a system update remove the option to manually add download clients?

Torznab is not a download client. It’s an API specification for torrent sites to use (similar to newznab for usenet).

There was never such a download client, you need to add a torrent download client if you’re using indexers through Jackett.

You are absolutely correct, my bad, I got confused on where I set this up.
Can you tell me if the URL information changes on a regular basis since all the indexers setup by using Jacket started to fail. If I go back and nab a new URL from Jacket they start working again…

Which version of Sonarr are you using right now?
There was an issue with grabbing releases from some Jackett setups in a recently release, but fixed in the latest (2.0.0.4949).

We’re going to need more information to troubleshoot further:

Sonarr version (exact version):
Mono version (if Sonarr is not running on Windows):
((Debug logs)):
(Make sure debug logging is enabled in settings and post the full log to hastebin/pastebin/dropbox/google drive or something similar, do not post them directly here)

I am at Version 2.0.0.4949
I was able to get the indexers working again once replacing the URL’s, well minus a couple that no longer work after testing with Jacket.

What other information would you need, If you require a log file just let me know what one you would like.

Replacing them how? But the fact that you needed to change them at all leads me to believe Jackett changed something on their end, in which case Sonarr would need to be updated, but that’s a problem Jackett introduced (and nothing we can fix).

The ((debug logs)).

Sorry for some reason the full message was cut off.
As I mentioned above,
Sonarr version 2.0.0.4949
Windows Version 1703 (OS Build 15063.540)
Windows updates are the latest ones

I’m not sure which log files you would like posted since the log section has several sections, tables, Files, and updates.

If you let me know the specific log you would like me to post to a download site I can see about doing so.

As fare as how I am replacing them.

1. I open jackett (http://127.0.0.1:9117/Admin/Dashboard)
  2. the indexers I have chosen are listed on this page and I select the Copy Torznab feed button for one of them for example EZTV
  3. in Sonarr I open the Systems/Indexers
  4. select the EZTV indexer that was setup
  5. I remove the current information on the URL line and past in the new one.
  6. Test now works for EZTV

So yes it seems the URL changed but I wouldn’t expect the URL to change for every indexer I setup from Jackett.

The only indexer that was still working when this happened was RARBG but this was one of the ones that was already listed as one of the configured indexers when Sonarr was installed.

It might have been a one time issue but I will keep an eye on it to see if it happens again.
Currently I have all the Indexers working that I used Torznab to setup by using the information from Jackett.

The link to ((debug logs)) explains how to enable debug logging and that it only affects the files. Though since Jackett changed the URLs the logs from Sonarr aren’t going to be useful as there is nothing for us to investigate.

If it changed then Jackett changed the URL, nothing we can do about that. I don’t know why they were changed and Sonarr has no way to know that the URL was changed and needs to be updated.

Thanks for the assistance
Once i figured out that the URL changed I had a feeling it was not an issue with Sonarr.

Thanks again for the help

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.