TheTVDB Vandalism


#1

Sonarr version (exact version): 3.0.0.298
Mono version (if Sonarr is not running on Windows): 5.14.0.177
OS: QNAP
Debug logs: /
Description of issue:

Hi, im trying to search some show, and name has changed.

For example, Grey’s Anatomy is now Anatomía de gays and for The Walking Dead it’s The Walking Bored …

What can i do ?


Sonarr compromised by pr0n - D1ld0 Ball Super
#2

Wait for TheTVDB to fix the vandalism and refresh the series in Sonarr.


#3

Anyone else got this matching issue for Grey’s Anatomy!

Capture


#4

Sonarr: 2.0.0.5283
Mono: Mono JIT compiler version 5.16.0.179
OS: Ubuntu 16.04.5 LTS (Xenial Xerus)
Description of issue: Odd ‘adult’ text replacing series title.

Wondering if anyone has seen this before. I managed to take these screen shots. Then I ran all sorts of malware/spyware in addition to the AV I already have installed and rebooted. Since then I have not been able to reproduce… Still, how concerned should I be?? Has ANYONE seen anything similar?

Tried to add a series today… Searched by TVDB ID… It yielded this search result
TVDB%20Title

Search for the same series… by Series Title, … Returned the correct name …
dbs_fullname

…but, after adding both, they displayed this in the Sonarr Library
dbs

2018-11-23_13-06-43


#5

Thanks for the merge and redirect to the suggested explanation/solution.

I’m skeptical though. How confident is anyone that this is that this was vandalism against TVDB?

I found it interesting that as soon as I discovered it, I ran Temp File Cleaner [TFC] and a whole crapload of other anti-virus apps that I found on bleepingcomputer.{com|net} and then rebooted. After, I was unable to reproduce. Sure, it is possibly that while I was disinfecting my PC that TVDB was also in the process of disinfecting their systems also, but how likely is that?

After all, I sometimes encounter some pretty sketchy sites in my pursuit of quality indexers.


#6

Given there is more than one series, more than one user affected and this has all happened before, quite confident.

Seems a lot more likely it as that than a virus replacing text on a specific web page.

Also https://www.reddit.com/r/sonarr/comments/9zuelw/weird_sonarr_issue_with_show_names/ unless that’s you as well.


#7

Nope, wasn’t me.

So in all likelihood it was already corrected on TVDB, maybe even before I noticed the wrong name, but the fix wasn’t propagated to my system until I cleared cache and rebooted. Got it.

Thanks.


#8

So, I actually keep 3 copies of the metadata. Just because of situations like this.

I wish kids would grow up already. Oh snap, i hacked a website with subpar security. BIG WHOOP. Grow some nuts, and go attack the NSA/CIA, see what happens then. Better yet, go poke someone who can poke back, and see how frightening they can be.