The application “Sonarr” can’t be opened

Sonarr version: latest version (downloaded yesterday)
Mono version: 4.6.2
((Debug logs)): Can’t open the app and don’t seem to be able to find any logs.
Description of issue:

I have been using Sonarr for over 12 months but recently I have been unable to launch the application. I receive the error message “The application “Sonarr” can’t be opened.”

I have tried to troubleshoot this myself by reading many forums etc with no such luck. Today I updated Mono to the latest version and also replaced sonarr in my application folder with the most recent version.

I am out of ideas and would appreciate any help.

The wiki page for ((log files)) tells you where to find them (folders that start with a period are hidden by default though).

Without knowing whether Sonarr is being started or it’s failing launching the app, we can only suggest generic things.

Make sure you look at the ((FAQ)) as there is an entry for Sonarr not starting on macOS. Also you can try reinstalling Sonarr.app (probably best to start with that).

Thanks Markus101.

Once I found the log files and inspected them I discovered the nzbdrone.db file had become corrupt. After replacing the nzbdrone.db with a backup copy the application opened as normal.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.