Tags enhancements

Hi. Just a few suggestions to tags. Some threads are locked so I cant reply in them so I am creating a new one for my suggestions.

1. Ability to chose tags in the Series Editor page (like how you can change quality profiles via a dropdown)
  2. Ability to remove tags or rename tags.
  3. Case Sensitive tags - i like to have all caps for my tags, but others can use lower case if they like.
  4. Tags to certain quality profiles (someone suggested this in another thread)
  5. Tags to certain download folders (ie Kids tag would put the series into “/Movies/Kids” folder)
  6. A place to see all tags and rename or delete them.

Thanks.

A lot of these already have issues associated with them:

Tags are enforced to lower-case, we do not have plans to change that.

This doesn’t add any value since tags are linked to series directly and we have don’t have plans to have tags tie different things together in different ways as it would be confusing.

I don’t know what you mean here, the location for a series is picked when adding the series, a tag wouldn’t alter that behaviour.

Thanks for the update Markus.

I was meaning it to be a visual thing not a search query thing. In some places tags are shown in mixed case and in others they only show up as lower case. For the sake of consistency, they should all either be lowercase or allow mixed case.

Allows mixed case to be shown:

Only lower case shown:

Fair enough. As an alternative, Radarr has implemented a “favored tag” section in quality profiles that seems to be working pretty well.

Let’s say someone decides to move a bunch of movies into a Kids folder. Instead of manually doing that individually, they could attach a tag to those movies (via some bulk tag adding process) and that tag could assign a download folder to it.

Ex.

Predefined tags:

1. Tag A --> Folder 1
  2. Tag B --> Folder 2

Process:
Set following movies into Tag A: Tom, Dick, and Harry --> Tom, Dick, and Harry will be now moved and saved in Folder 1.

Must Contain / Must Not Contain show the format entered by the user, no case enforcement, Tags are enforced lower case, they use the same component, but are different things. No plans to force Must Contain / Must Not Contain into a specific case.

We have similar plans, though it’ll be implemented differently.

That seems like something more suited to the series editor, tying that back to tags seems like an odd indirect way to do it, especially since multiple tags could be telling Sonarr to put them in different places. The location on disk is explicit, no plans to change that.

Ok that clears things up. Thanks!

I’d like to plus one tags attached to profiles. Generally, I want to download files released by UTR or otherwise 10bit encodes, but some shows just don’t get released by those guys. Would be good to have a 10bit 1080p webdl profile. and another 1080p webdl profile for everything else

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.