System.TypeInitializationException crash on startup, Readynas

Sonarr version (V2.0.0.5228):
Mono version (5.12.0.226):
Debug logs: N/A
(Make sure debug logging is enabled in settings and post the full log to hastebin/pastebin/dropbox/google drive or something similar, do not post them directly here. Post in .txt not .doc, .rtf or some other formatted document)
Description of issue: Hey all, I’m fairly new to Linux and recently bought a readynas for plex with TV shows, I currently use the windows version of Sonarr (which is a godsend btw) to download the multitude of tv shows my family and I watch, I use Jackett to get RSS feeds from TorzNab because I’ve no idea how to use usenet, I’ve got a very basic handle of linux and had sonarr running on my readynas yesterday, I decided to try to get jackett working as well, and must have messed something up because now sonarr doesn’t even run, even attempting to uninstall and reinstall mono + nzbdrone.

The error I get: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1vS1pgflUi9AqipEVG0pY_MLjkrH6RBTj
Picture: https://i.imgur.com/4WrFs0B.png

Any help would be greatly appreciated (I’ve been following relatively outdated guides that probably didn’t help my case.)

Regards,
Adrian

Probably your mono version is the issue, there’s many topics with mono 5.12.0.226 issues (but not that straightforward to find). Example:

Followed applesandsynths’ steps and still no luck :confused:

Looks like it may be a problem with your mono install, though not the specific version in this case.

I saw that one before I posted here, followed his advice and still nothing, I will continue to try and if I can’t solve it I may just reformat my ReadyNAS and start over. Thanks for the hasty replies though :slight_smile:

Okay, so I’ve got Sonarr working by removing both mono + sonarr and anything related to both and re-installing from scratch, now I can’t get the autostart script to work, on the instructions provided, the last step (before security) is " sudo service nzbdrone start " it starts the service fine, however I cannot access the webui after inputting this command (am I supposed to be able to?) and upon restarting the readynas I also cannot access the webUI, not without running sudo service nzbdrone stop and then mono --debug /opt/NzbDrone/NzbDrone.exe

I’d also like to note that when running sudo update-rc.d nzbdrone defaults I get a insserv warning of current start runlevel(s) (0 1 2 3 4 5 6) of script `nzbdrone’ overrides LSB defaults (2 3 4 5).

which leads me to believe it’s not properly reading /etc/init.d/nzbdrone, which I’ve removed and added numerous ways (via nano, vim, even SmarTTY, all of which return the same warning.

I’m glad I got it to work again and hopefully I won’t screw anything up when trying to install jackett again :smiley:. Oh well, it’s a learning experience, thanks :slight_smile:

Not sure about the init script issue, but when you start the service is Sonarr actually running? It’ll write to the logs if it is, and you should be able to see the mono task running.

Side note, if your NAS can run docker that might make life easier especially if Jackett smashed mono when it was installed.

Looks like it might not be running, nothing is written to the logs, I’m doing everything as root as that makes things simpler, is this an issue?

Thanks for the idea of docker, I’ve never heard of it but am keen to check it out and see if that fixes the Jackett issue.

Thanks for all the help so far!

Running as root isn’t recommended for security reasons, but Sonarr won’t prevent it from running that way.

Hm, well I’m out of ideas then, I’ve no idea why running “sudo service nzbdrone start” isn’t actually doing anything. I’ll have to try re-installing (yet again :stuck_out_tongue:) and hope it works, feels like insanity, many thanks for all of the help you’ve given me though, much appreciated!

EDIT: Woohoo! I finally got things working by just re-installing as admin rather than Root, I figure it had something to do with permissions and I guess I was right (I didn’t log in to root at all, only an admin account with sudo permissions)

Thank you so much Markus101, you’ve been a great help!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.